Patriot Act won't allow people to bring their own honey roasted nuts??

Old March 4th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Paul J Gans

Default Patriot Act won't allow people to bring their own honey roasted nuts??

In rec.photo.digital Nibbler wrote:

wrote in message
This is complete insanity. What can an airline passenger possibly use a

bag of
peanuts for in a hostile manner? I hope it's just an urban legend.

The pilot could be allergic and be force fed ;-)

Hey, some people are so allergic to peanuts (seriously) that
the slightest exposure will send them into shock. Hard to
call an amulance from 36,000 feet.

Thus airlines are very careful with peanuts. An allergic
person can refuse them but if the person sitting next to
them has them and sneezes....

The result is that the airlines don't serve them and they
do NOT want you bringing your own on board.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Patriot Act.

---- Paul J. Gans
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Inbred Ned

Default Patriot Act won't allow people to bring their own honey roasted nu

On 4 Mar 2004 01:14:04 +0100, Nomen Nescio wrote:

About Rogue Cisco Employee

Oh Skippy - I'm cryin fer you. I know you practiced cleanin the
outhouse for 2 weeks, and you still didnt get the janitors job at
Cisco. But it not his fault. Ya gotta stop eating the rock candy in
the urinals. Apply agin.

My appoligies to da groups dat my son iz messin wit.

Ned Liptschitts (Skippys dad)
Old March 4th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Miguel Cruz

Paul J Gans wrote:
The result is that the airlines don't serve them and they
do NOT want you bringing your own on board.

Plenty of airlines serve peanuts every day.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:51 PM
S Viemeister

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Paul J Gans wrote:
The result is that the airlines don't serve them and they
do NOT want you bringing your own on board.

Plenty of airlines serve peanuts every day.

Yep. I was served peanuts on a transatlantic flight on Continental
recently.

Old March 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Kenny McCormack

In article ,
Randy Hudson wrote:
In article 4045262D.18452.6BF2BC@localhost, wrote:

This is complete insanity. What can an airline passenger possibly use a
bag of peanuts for in a hostile manner?

To cause anaphylactic shock in a co-passenger with a peanut allergy.

Such a passenger would inform the airline, which would avoid the serving of
peanuts on the flight. How can the passenger avoid danger from peanut
products brought aborad by other passengers? She can't, directly; instead,
the airline bans other passengers bringing those peanut products aboard.

Two questions:
1) This "peanut allergy" thing seems to be the "disease d'jour"
these days. Anyone have a stat on the actual incidence?
2) Isn't it true that for just about any product, somebody
somewhere is allergic to it? Where does it end?

Old March 4th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Unclaimed Mysteries

Mark Hewitt wrote:

"Kenny McCormack" wrote in message

Two questions:
1) This "peanut allergy" thing seems to be the "disease d'jour"
these days. Anyone have a stat on the actual incidence?

About 1 in every 200 people are allergic to peanuts to some degree. So
chances are on a full plane there will be one person.

Ny understanding is that it is rare but very severe. I hope there is
some progress to help those with this allergy because peanut products
are in so many goods. And they aren't going away unless Important People
become affected, of course.

You'd think http://www.peanutallergy.com/ would be a good resource but
the web page is teh suck.

http://www.allergyasthma.on.ca/peanut1.htm is more informative.

Corry
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

This picture, made from public property, earned me a visit from
corporate security officers. Apparently Vulcan's restoration is a Trade
Secret. Or they thought I was going to kidnap and molest it.
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net/im...ation_ir00.jpg
Old March 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Paul J Gans

In rec.photo.digital Miguel Cruz wrote:
Paul J Gans wrote:
The result is that the airlines don't serve them and they
do NOT want you bringing your own on board.

Plenty of airlines serve peanuts every day.

Fine. They will eventually get sued. But the point
is that this has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

---- Paul J. Gans