Patriot Act won't allow people to bring their own honey roasted nuts??

Old March 6th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Nibbler

Default Patriot Act won't allow people to bring their own honey roasted nuts??

"The Grammer Genious" wrote in message
Paul J Gans wrote:

In rec.photo.digital Miguel Cruz wrote:

Paul J Gans wrote:

The result is that the airlines don't serve them and they
do NOT want you bringing your own on board.

Plenty of airlines serve peanuts every day.

Fine. They will eventually get sued. ...

They probably get sued every day. But since the objection to peanuts, or

latex,
or polyester, or toothpaste, on board commercial airlines is frivolous and
silly, the lawsuits get thrown out and the litigants fined.

If you're that allergic to peanuts, what are you doing on commercial

airliners?

Yea, god fordid it crashes in a peanut farm.
There are people whom have reactions to everything, And anything can affect
someone... So... We shall hearby replace all the seats with plexiglass,
strip everyone nude, sanitize them, and ban luggage of any type of matter to
ensure anyone with an acute reaction to anything known or unknown can fly
without fear, in saftey. and the airlines need not fear a lawsuit. This
should also have the side benefit of lowering terrorism, because, hey, no
one takes a nude terrorist seriously... Until the body cavity searches
become mandatory... Getting eaten peanuts out of there may be an unsightly
prospect... God forbid anaphylactic shock from peanut fart fumes ;-)

Old March 6th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Nibbler

"Unclaimed Mysteries"
theletter_k_andthenumeral_4_doh@unclaimedmysterie s.net wrote in message
hlink.net...
Mark Hewitt wrote:

"Kenny McCormack" wrote in message

Two questions:
1) This "peanut allergy" thing seems to be the "disease d'jour"
these days. Anyone have a stat on the actual incidence?

About 1 in every 200 people are allergic to peanuts to some degree. So
chances are on a full plane there will be one person.

Ny understanding is that it is rare but very severe. I hope there is
some progress to help those with this allergy because peanut products
are in so many goods. And they aren't going away unless Important People
become affected, of course.

makes ya wonder, was the cure for cancer lost by some kid being offed by a
peanut. The cosmic sillyness of it proves god exists ;-)

You'd think http://www.peanutallergy.com/ would be a good resource but
the web page is teh suck.

http://www.allergyasthma.on.ca/peanut1.htm is more informative.

Corry
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

This picture, made from public property, earned me a visit from
corporate security officers. Apparently Vulcan's restoration is a Trade
Secret. Or they thought I was going to kidnap and molest it.
http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net/im...ation_ir00.jpg

Old March 6th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Noway Jose

Ron Hunter wrote:

Jenn wrote:

In article ,
Ron Hunter wrote:

Noway Jose wrote:

stephen wrote:

(Miguel Cruz) wrote:

You'll be happy to know I brought a can of honey roasted peanuts on a
flight
that ended not three hours ago. I am still a free man.

Obviously a major security breach.

I predict an investigation by a Senate subcommittee and the firing of
at least a dozen people!

--
Stephen

Did Colin Powell know he was lying to the United Nations and US allies?

If you can, look back on footage as his uneasiness progresses to almost
panic. It's in the eyes. He clearly wasn't ( and isn't ) happy with the
lies he was bound to go along with, but has no choice. He has a family
to think about. If ya' get my drift.

Dreck.
I don't think he felt particularly confident of the intelligence he had,
given that he knew that it was all gathered electronically, rather than
by people on the scene. During the Previous Administration, the human
intelligence structure was dismantled. So who do you think did that?

most of the bad intelligence was provided by Iraqi's who had their own
agenda -- e.g. Rumsfeld et al were in love with Chalabi whose only goal
seems to have been to depose Saddam so chalabi could rule -- and of
course to put millions in his own pockets as he continues to do

And that's worse the Hussein, right?

To paraphrase Cartman, " Hmmm...lemme think..."
Old March 6th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Ron Hunter wrote:

snip
By 'not common', I mean that they aren't commercially raised for meat,
or commonly used for milk production. Remember, since I live in Texas,
my idea of 'common' might not match with the general population...

Then again, cows are not common in Texas on a per square mile basis. FFM

Old March 6th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Walter Bushell

In article ,
Not the Karl Orff wrote:

In article ,
Ron Hunter wrote:

Just a few words from one who is lactose intolerant.

Latose intolerance is NOT an allergy, but a failure to produce adequate
quantities of lactase, which is a digestive enzyme that breaks down the
lactose in dairy products. Failure to break down lactose at this stage
results formation of gas in the small intestine, which is quite painful.

As many as 80% of people of some races are lactose intolerant, primarily
those from areas where cows aren't common.

or rather, cows (or other bovines) may be common but just not raised for
dairy purposes

Fermented dairy products.
Old March 6th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Ron Hunter

Frank F. Matthews wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

snip

By 'not common', I mean that they aren't commercially raised for meat,
or commonly used for milk production. Remember, since I live in
Texas, my idea of 'common' might not match with the general population...

Then again, cows are not common in Texas on a per square mile basis. FFM

You ARE kidding! Texas has a lot more cows and horses than people, even
with recent moves from other states, and unhindered immigration from the
south.
Old March 6th, 2004, 08:32 PM
The Grammer Genious

Ron Hunter wrote:

The Grammer Genious wrote:

Paul J Gans wrote:

Fine. They will eventually get sued. ...

They probably get sued every day. But since the objection to peanuts,
or latex, or polyester, or toothpaste, on board commercial airlines is
frivolous and silly, the lawsuits get thrown out and the litigants fined.

If you're that allergic to peanuts, what are you doing on commercial
airliners?

Excuse me? Are you saying people allergic to peanuts can't fly? What a
crock. All they have to do is avoid peanuts.
That would be like saying people allergic to shrimp can't eat out.

"That". I said *THAT* allergic.

Yes, if my child is so allergic to shrimp that any contact with shrimp smell is
going to kill him, then he can't eat out. That's using your noggin.

Old March 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Ron Hunter

The Grammer Genious wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

The Grammer Genious wrote:

Paul J Gans wrote:

Fine. They will eventually get sued. ...

They probably get sued every day. But since the objection to peanuts,
or latex, or polyester, or toothpaste, on board commercial airlines
is frivolous and silly, the lawsuits get thrown out and the litigants
fined.

If you're that allergic to peanuts, what are you doing on commercial
airliners?

Excuse me? Are you saying people allergic to peanuts can't fly? What
a crock. All they have to do is avoid peanuts.
That would be like saying people allergic to shrimp can't eat out.

"That". I said *THAT* allergic.

Yes, if my child is so allergic to shrimp that any contact with shrimp
smell is going to kill him, then he can't eat out. That's using your
noggin.

I had a sister in law who was violently allergic to shrimp. Just eating
fish that was fried in the same oil would likely send her to the
emergency room. Still, she ate out, but she was careful to eat only
broiled or baked foods at places that sold shrimp. I don't believe
anyone is so allergic to shrimp that smelling will set them off. If so,
they would be greatly restricted as to where they could go.
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Ron Hunter wrote:

Frank F. Matthews wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

snip

By 'not common', I mean that they aren't commercially raised for
meat, or commonly used for milk production. Remember, since I live
in Texas, my idea of 'common' might not match with the general
population...

Then again, cows are not common in Texas on a per square mile basis. FFM

You ARE kidding! Texas has a lot more cows and horses than people, even
with recent moves from other states, and unhindered immigration from the
south.

It's just that it also has a lot of square miles. And uses lots of
space to feed a cow out in the west part. FFM