New Grand Turk Cruise Center Welcomes 1st Cruisers!

Old February 27th, 2006, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default New Grand Turk Cruise Center Welcomes 1st Cruisers!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Carnival Corporation and
thought it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news'
postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

New Grand Turk Cruise Center Welcomes First Cruise Ship

GRAND TURK, British West Indies, Feb. 25
As she gently glided into port, Holland America Line's newest cruise
ship, the 1,848 passenger Noordam, today made history when she arrived
at the Caribbean's newest port facility -- the Grand Turk Cruise
Center, British West Indies -- on her inaugural call.

After departing from New York City on Wednesday, the Noordam made a
direct sailing for Grand Turk, marking today's official opening of the
new state-of-the-art, multi-million-dollar facility.

The arrival of Grand Turk's first cruise ship went very smoothly, to
the full satisfaction of the cruise line's management, port operators,
and hundreds of cruise passengers.

"I'm proud and honored to be a part of history with today's inaugural
call at this world-class pier and port facility. Grand Turk offers
pristine beaches and magnificent waters and it will be a great
destination for cruise ship guests," said Noordam Captain John Scott.

The new Grand Turk Cruise Center features a state-of-the-art pier that
can accommodate two large Super Post Panamax vessels and a 13-acre
complex that serves as a gateway to one of the Caribbean's most
beautiful islands.

With its expansive recreation area, including an 800-foot white-sand
beach, a swimming pool, cabanas, an array of retail shops and the
Caribbean's largest "Margaritaville"-themed bar and restaurant, owned
by music superstar Jimmy Buffet, opportunities abound for cruise
guests to discover the Caribbean's newest destination.

Cruise ship passengers can select from nearly two dozen shore
excursions, everything from a unique "Hop On, Hop Off" tour visiting
famous island attractions to horseback riding, kayaking, and snuba.

In addition to becoming one of the finest cruise ports in the
Caribbean, Grand Turk has a glorious past as one of the world's
leading producers of salt. In more recent years, Grand Turk has been
used as a base for the U.S. Navy and NASA, and served as the landing
spot for Senator John Glenn's splash down following his orbit of the
Earth as part of the Mercury space launch.

"We are proud to establish this association with Carnival Corporation
and are deeply grateful that Carnival decided to make this large
investment on our island. We look forward to a very successful
relationship with Carnival," said the Honorable Floyd Hall, Grand
Turk's deputy chief minister of finance. "Our arms are open to
passengers from all cruise lines and visitors who will be coming to
our shores in the months and years ahead. The Noordam's arrival
earlier today represents an exciting new chapter for our island and we
are just delighted with reaction from cruise passengers."

By March, the Grand Turk Cruise Center will welcome an additional
vessel when Carnival Cruise Lines' Sensation begins bi-weekly port
calls to the island. Later, in June, the new Crown Princess of
Princess Cruises, another Carnival Corporation brand, will visit the
island as part of its Caribbean cruise schedule. Costa Cruises, a
fourth Carnival brand, will include Grand Turk on its itineraries
beginning in the fall.

Other cruise lines visiting Grand Turk this year include Crystal
Cruises, Silversea Cruises, Oceania Cruises, and Radisson Seven Seas.

The new Grand Turk Cruise Center was developed and is operated by
Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK).

For more information, visit www.Grandturkcc.com or e-mail
.

Old February 27th, 2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

New Grand Turk Cruise Center Welcomes First Cruise Ship

SNIP!!

For more information, visit www.Grandturkcc.com

Thanks Ray! Those of us on the SGC2006 will be here in august, this
website is very good.

sue
Old February 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

New Grand Turk Cruise Center Welcomes First Cruise Ship

SNIP!!

For more information, visit www.Grandturkcc.com

Thanks Ray! Those of us on the SGC2006 will be here in august, this
website is very good.

Make sure someone reports back. Provo, the other main touristy
island in the Turks and Caicos is one of my favorite places to just
go and veg out for a week. Small, minimally developed and a GREAT
beach.

--
Then there was the runner-up: An infinite number of
rednecks riding in an infinite number of pickup trucks fire an

BONG #469