Syria In Foreign Eyes

Old June 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
RedMan4u

Default Syria In Foreign Eyes

Dear Participant…
The objective of this survey is to gather information on how Syria is
perceived by its visitors, in order to come up with recommendations to
decision makers in the Syrian political and non-political arena on how
to develop and enhance their strategies to convey a more transparent
and true picture what Syria is like and to develop a better image of
Syria to present to the world.
In order to do that, we at SPR Center for Research and Strategic
Studies and the Syrian International Academy would like to know how
YOU perceive Syria.
You do not have to reveal your identity, and the information you
provide us with is strictly confidential. Therefore, we kindly ask
that you express your ideas without any reservations, whatsoever.
Thank you for taking 25-30 minutes of your valuable time to fill out
this survey, and be certain that your contribution will help in
bridging cultures, opening doors for dialogue, and paving a path for
more world understanding and peace.

http://su.spraweb.com/index.php?sid=1&lang=en
Old June 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_3_]

"RedMan4u" wrote in message
Dear Participant…
The objective of this survey is to gather information on how Syria is
perceived by its visitors,

I thought Damascus was amazing in 2006: the Bab Touma area, the main souq
(Straight Street?), the Umayyad Mosque and burial places of John the Baptist
and Saladin. I was only there for two days - had to evacuate Beirut after
the Israelis bombed it -- but I do plan to be back and I've already got two
people to go there for fun. I'd also like to see Aleppo.

I'll look at the survey tomorrow.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old June 8th, 2008, 10:33 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Jun 7, 7:33 pm, "grusl" wrote:
"RedMan4u" wrote in message

Dear Participant…
The objective of this survey is to gather information on how Syria is
perceived by its visitors,

I thought Damascus was amazing in 2006: the Bab Touma area, the main souq
(Straight Street?), the Umayyad Mosque and burial places of John the Baptist
and Saladin. I was only there for two days - had to evacuate Beirut after
the Israelis bombed it -- but I do plan to be back and I've already got two
people to go there for fun. I'd also like to see Aleppo.

I'll look at the survey tomorrow.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

I was there way back in the 70's (mostly Damascus, and driving along
the coast from Turkey to Lebanon)) and really enjoyed it, though the
political regime was harsher in those days.
I want to go back too and see more of the country too, probably a
train trip from Turkey.

I did the survey and I think it took under 15 min., though there were
too many questions IMO.
Old June 9th, 2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Miguel Cruz[_2_]

"grusl" wrote:

"RedMan4u" wrote in message
Dear Participant…
The objective of this survey is to gather information on how Syria is
perceived by its visitors,

I thought Damascus was amazing in 2006: the Bab Touma area, the main souq
(Straight Street?), the Umayyad Mosque and burial places of John the Baptist
and Saladin. I was only there for two days - had to evacuate Beirut after
the Israelis bombed it -- but I do plan to be back and I've already got two
people to go there for fun. I'd also like to see Aleppo.

Agreed, I went to Damascus late last year and it was one of my favorite
places ever. Everyone was very friendly, the old city was beautiful,
there was such a sense of history (as is to be expected, I guess, in
what's called the oldest continually-inhabited city on Earth).

Got some photos he http://travel.u.nu/region-sy-117.php

--
Hit the road! Photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu