Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

Old April 26th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Ezran

Default Couple holding hands arrested in Malaysia

belgium isn't a real country
it's an artificial piece of land with two completely different communities

...with no respect at all for each other

and you know this, how?

Old April 26th, 2004, 06:39 AM
intruder

\

what other malaysian.

Good you ask for you may get the wrong impression.
People who live and have normal lives in Malaysia. You, who failed
school in Malaysia, and had to flee to the US for you could not find a
job, do not fit the term "other Malaysians"
Comprendo wanabee lawyer.

the next time the circus visits malaysia,
please do not be in it, monkey.

???
Wannebee lawyer, do not tell me this is Malaysian English!
This is just wrong English.

Old April 26th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Thomas Stalder

Traditions
are different and Malaysian rules are very hard for westernes, but we
have to respect these rules, when we are guest of this country.

[snip]

Yes to respecting them, but you really found it hard to live by
Malaysian rules while in Malaysia? Just which rule was hard for you?

Not at all.

I ment, it is not easy to keep allways in mind to behave differently as
if being at home. Things, that are pretty normal here aren't there, and
vice versa (ie. spitting on the ground or in a pot is very normal in
many countries, but not here. We have no pots for that. Personally I
think it's disgusting, but these people do not care (or not know). We do
not have the strict laws to forbid such behaving. Neither would we have
the resources to enforce such laws.

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Rowani

Old April 26th, 2004, 04:03 PM
ignoramus

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:07:02 GMT, Pan wrote:

Right, though it doesn't seem that that's why they were arrested,
right?

Nope. I am guessing it has more to do with the allegation of
corruption on the part of the two officials.
Old April 26th, 2004, 04:19 PM
ignoramus

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:08:59 GMT, Pan wrote:

Actually, it's up to anybody who deals with a visitor. It's probably a
pretty invariable truth that visitors who show respect for the country
and people who are hosting them tend to meet with a much friendlier
reception than those who show a total disregard - or worse, contempt -
for the pride, sensibilites, and traditions of their hosts.

Excuse intruder. He has no dignity.

What do you expect from a monkey who would do anything for a banana?
Old April 26th, 2004, 04:33 PM
jay

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:19:46 +0800, ignoramus
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:08:59 GMT, Pan wrote:

Actually, it's up to anybody who deals with a visitor. It's probably a
pretty invariable truth that visitors who show respect for the country
and people who are hosting them tend to meet with a much friendlier
reception than those who show a total disregard - or worse, contempt -
for the pride, sensibilites, and traditions of their hosts.

Excuse intruder. He has no dignity.

What do you expect from a monkey who would do anything for a banana?

lol.

actually, in additon to dignity he has no genitals either. no wonder
it will do anything for a banana.

Old April 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Dieter Aaaa

"Ezran" wrote in message

belgium isn't a real country
it's an artificial piece of land with two completely different

communities

...with no respect at all for each other

and you know this, how?

ROFL
I assure you, you don't want to know that...
;-)

You can probably start with this:
http://home.online.no/~vlaenen/flemi...ons/quste.html
( the website is made by someone living in political exile aboad)

and come back later

No, in a world of privilege I was not born
But, the devotion of freedom and liberty I was sworn
[....]
And I don't even know why
The truth seems like a lie...
[....]
Open up your skull and let some knowledge come in
Ya, crack open the cranium and let awareness begin
Oh.
[....]

(Rancid in 'arrested in belgium'
from the album Indestructible in 2003)

Old April 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad

Thomas Stalder wrote in message ...

I ment, it is not easy to keep allways in mind to behave differently as
if being at home. Things, that are pretty normal here aren't there, and
vice versa (ie. spitting on the ground or in a pot is very normal in
many countries, but not here. We have no pots for that. Personally I

I never knew that spitting is disgusting to westerners but I do know burping
is disgusting to them but encouraged in Malaysia. However it is so dry
in UK that I don't have any need to spit at all. My mouth is dry all the time.

think it's disgusting, but these people do not care (or not know). We do
not have the strict laws to forbid such behaving. Neither would we have
the resources to enforce such laws.

They will enforce it by their looks and the nicer ones will give nice advise.