Bangkok No Fun any more

Old March 18th, 2006, 04:00 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Default Bangkok No Fun any more

On 17 Mar 2006 04:53:13 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Was it unethical? Was it a misuse of his power to push through a law
that he benefitted from? Probably. But that's not really the issue.

Of course it's the issue,

The
issue is whether or not you use Constitutional means to remove him or
mob rule.

What "mob rule". Last time I looked, street protests were legal in Thailand.

Dave
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:03 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On 17 Mar 2006 05:09:09 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

And you demonstrate your elitist bigotry further with the cheap shot
about girlfriends and buffaloes.

No cheap shot - I read it in several of the many posts regarding you that I
gave the link to. I have no reason to believe they aren't true.

But I suspect that you did enough digging to find out
that I am entirely correct, otherwise I see no reason for your reticence.

No reticence. Just waiting for you.

No need to wait - I made the offer - you either take it up or continue to
bleat like a buffalo here.

Dave
Old March 18th, 2006, 04:04 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On 17 Mar 2006 04:53:13 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Whoever is telling the truth I still stand by my position that there is
a democratic process in place in Thailand and that any use of street
violence and thuggery to change the leadership of the country is wrong.

But street violence & thuggery are ok when ordered by Thaksin? Seems to be
what you are saying.

Dave
Old March 19th, 2006, 09:34 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Dave Baker wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 04:53:13 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Whoever is telling the truth I still stand by my position that there is
a democratic process in place in Thailand and that any use of street
violence and thuggery to change the leadership of the country is wrong.

But street violence & thuggery are ok when ordered by Thaksin? Seems to be
what you are saying.

Dave

Thaksin's supporters did not block the roads or buildings. Only the
opposition ruffians are blocking the roads ignoring the inconvenience of
the Thai people for their own selfish cause.
Old March 19th, 2006, 01:18 PM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:34:54 +0800, "....lobert...." lobert@.. wrote:

Dave Baker wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 04:53:13 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Whoever is telling the truth I still stand by my position that there is
a democratic process in place in Thailand and that any use of street
violence and thuggery to change the leadership of the country is wrong.

But street violence & thuggery are ok when ordered by Thaksin? Seems to be
what you are saying.

Dave

Thaksin's supporters did not block the roads or buildings. Only the
opposition ruffians are blocking the roads ignoring the inconvenience of
the Thai people for their own selfish cause.

Thaksin's "supporters" killed 2000 people without any charges, let along
convictions!

Dave
Old March 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Dave Baker wrote:
On 17 Mar 2006 04:53:13 -0800, "Tchiowa" wrote:

Whoever is telling the truth I still stand by my position that there is
a democratic process in place in Thailand and that any use of street
violence and thuggery to change the leadership of the country is wrong.
But street violence & thuggery are ok when ordered by Thaksin? Seems to be
what you are saying.

Dave
Thaksin's supporters did not block the roads or buildings. Only the
opposition ruffians are blocking the roads ignoring the inconvenience of
the Thai people for their own selfish cause.

Thaksin's "supporters" killed 2000 people without any charges, let along
convictions!

Dave

Drug pest kill more people and also made money from them. Their own law,
their own court and their own convictions.

So, what you are admitting is that Thaksin is no better than the drug pests?
His campaign did not abide by the law, had no courts, and certainly no
convictions. On top of which they even admitted that innocents were killed.

Dave
Old March 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Dave Baker wrote:
[...]

More innocent will be killed by drug pest if he did not do it.

Doesn't answer my question.

Dave
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:34:45 +0800, Dave Baker

"Tchiowa" wrote:

Whoever is telling the truth I still stand by my position that there is
a democratic process in place in Thailand and that any use of street
violence and thuggery to change the leadership of the country is wrong.

a) if the country is truely democratic, with all the freedom that
implies, then the demonstrations are well within that framework.
Does that position as stated above mean the Boston Tea Party was
extralegal and therefore unacceptable?

b) Thailand is not now, and never has been a democracy and to regard
it as such is simply to ignore facts. It is, pure and simple, a
Plutocracy.
Which is:
The term "plutocracy" is formally defined as government by the
wealthy, and is also sometimes used to refer to a wealthy class that
controls a government, often from behind the scenes. More generally, a
plutocracy is any form of government in which the wealthy exercise the
preponderance of political power, whether directly or indirectly.

As an aside,I have been watching the local Thai TV coverage for about
a week, and have yet to see any violence and/or thuggery, nor has any
been reported in either the Post or Nation.

I was working in Map Ta Phut about 12 years ago. When I sat and read
the newspaper the same figures and same names were in the forefront of
the political arena. In fact, I can remember when the complaints of
the overloaded 10 wheel trucks were getting quite numerous. People
were complaining that they didn't pay their overweight fines and more
to the point that they were destroying the asphalt due to the
excessive axle weight. The response from Sanoh, who was the interior
minister at the time, was to raise the axle weight allowance. Then it
came to the surface that he owned something like 65% of the 10 wheel
trucks... This is the person who is now being regarded as the savior
of Thailand's 'democracy'?? Give me a break.

The whole Shinwatra thing is some internal struggle within the old
boys network. It has nothing to do with democracy, honesty, fair play,
common sense, or anything else you may choose to try and impose on
their actions.

And as my wife points out to me when I get too vocal about this
subject.... "How much income tax do YOU pay in Thailand?".

Old March 21st, 2006, 07:24 AM posted to soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.malaysia,soc.culture.singapore

Dave Baker wrote:
[...]

Your question has no answer, only effect of the operation is important.

Seeing you are being so obtuse, I'll summarize for you.

It appears that you don't give a damn that:

a) innocent people got killed
b) The operation was a failure
c) It was extra-judicial.

Thanks for clarifying your complete lack of morality.

Dave
Old March 21st, 2006, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:42:58 -0700, Deet wrote:

[snip]
b) Thailand is not now, and never has been a democracy and to regard
it as such is simply to ignore facts. It is, pure and simple, a
Plutocracy.
Which is:
The term "plutocracy" is formally defined as government by the
wealthy, and is also sometimes used to refer to a wealthy class that
controls a government, often from behind the scenes. More generally, a
plutocracy is any form of government in which the wealthy exercise the
preponderance of political power, whether directly or indirectly.

[snip]

Just an observation: The same thing is true of the US, in spades.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the NOTRASH. Please do not email me something which you also posted.