Sweden says "nej" to Euro.

Old September 19th, 2003, 08:33 AM
The Reid

Default Sweden says "nej" to Euro.

Following up to Sjoerd

Nice thought. I have no idea as to the answer as I cannot trust
anything my government says on the subject.

Have you stopped using your brain and are you just echoing whatever the
government tells you?

You need to lighten up and take things less literally (the names
"Mike" by the way)

The question was:-

"I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I'm genuinely curious: At what level of integration will the EU

become a federal republic like the USA?
Will the EU then be entitled to a single UN seat?"

Where are answers to these questions?

You suggest they might be in the newspapers, my experience has
been that on matters of european integration the press have
misrepresented the issue, presenting, for instance, the Treaty of
Rome as a trading arrangement.
Same goes for TV
Discuss with friends? Why, Sjoerd, I discuss it with you!!

My point was that I think many *politicians* are keeping the
truth of how they see the future of Europe to themselves, (UK
ones currently hide behind the four tests before they submit the
euro to public opinion).

So its:-
D for politeness
D for humour
B for starting the flame war the poster wanted to avoid!

--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old September 19th, 2003, 08:35 AM
David Horne

Sjoerd wrote:

"David Horne" schreef in bericht
news:1g1iags.tc12xh1bbin4fN%i_will_almost_never_re ...

I'm wondering where "I cannot trust anything my government says on the
subject" fits in with "are you just echoing whatever the government
tells you?"

"The Reid" said "I have no idea to the answer AS I can not trust anything my
government says on the subject". So I concluded that he doesn't use his
brains, reads newspapers, watches TV, discusses with friends, and other
stuff ordinary people do to form an opinion.

And I conclude that you are humour impaired.

No, "The Reid" just waits until
the Government says something on the subject.

Which brings me back to my original question, above. But, don't bother-
I didn't expect you to answer it.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old September 19th, 2003, 09:46 AM
The Reid

Following up to David Horne

"The Reid" said............

And I conclude that you are humour impaired.

Perhaps I should explain something, the use of the definite
article, in case it is upsetting anybody. It was originally "The
Reids" because my wife shared the same username. She decided
usenet was for timewasters and decided not to post anymore (this
was before I joined this ng) so I changed it to the slightly odd
"The Reid" (on the advice of my style consultant). How people
laughed, you cannot imagine the jollity.
Old September 19th, 2003, 10:49 AM
Sönke Tesch

Anders wrote:
: The Swedish Krona is getting stronger now.
:
: The-know-best-guys predicted that it would fall to 9.40:1 on the EUR.
:
: Now it is very close to 9.00:1, it is getting much
: stronger...........................

LOL, so what? The know-best-guys also predicted the end of the world
when the Euro dropped below 1:1 on the US Dollar, now it's back above
that. Other know-best-guys predicted a beautiful future when the Euro
started, only to see it roll down the hill for months.

This is absolutly useless information, some people loose their bets,
some win, and if you would know just tiny little bit about all that
market stuff, you'd know how fast these markets react on this or that
news - and how fast everybody is back to business as usual.

Regards,
soenk.e

Old September 19th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Jim Ley

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:16:34 GMT, "Lennart Petersen"
wrote:

It's not complete unlikely there's to be a new referendum already next
year,eventually about the new EU constitution and in that case the Euro
should be "embedded" in that referendum. A massive no in a such
referendum and it's not unlikely we have to withdraw and break the EU
membership. Meaning we have to share the "poverty" with Norway,Iceland
and Switzerland but saving a substantial member fee of about
30 000million SEK.

Are you sure that rule will exist in the final version of the EU
constitution? I can't see the EU commissioners writing something that
could easily see 4 or 5 countries leaving the Union...

Jim.
Old September 19th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Deep Freud Moors

The Reid wrote in message
Following up to David Horne

"The Reid" said............

And I conclude that you are humour impaired.

Perhaps I should explain something, the use of the definite
article, in case it is upsetting anybody. It was originally "The
Reids" because my wife shared the same username. She decided
usenet was for timewasters and decided not to post anymore (this
was before I joined this ng) so I changed it to the slightly odd
"The Reid" (on the advice of my style consultant). How people
laughed, you cannot imagine the jollity.

"The Reid" just looks a bit confrontational. You are not Reid, you are THE
Reid!

Not that I can say anything with my odd assortment of screen names!
---
DFM

Old September 19th, 2003, 02:11 PM
The Reid

Following up to Deep Freud Moors

"The Reid" just looks a bit confrontational. You are not Reid, you are THE
Reid!

Perhaps I am confrontational? I worked well where I was known,
not so good elsewhere, but what the heck.

Not that I can say anything with my odd assortment of screen names!

Its not your real name?
Old September 19th, 2003, 03:38 PM
devil

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:33:58 +0100, The Reid wrote:

Following up to devil

neologisms don't compare with totally disvirtuated
words.

Isn't "disvirtuated" an ugly neologism or have I drifted off and
missed the point?
What does it mean?

Gosh, you might be right. It does not seem to be in my Webster. I wonder
where I got this from. I must have learned this somewhere?

Who knows...

Old September 20th, 2003, 12:20 AM
devil

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:45:57 +0100, Any old Reid wrote:

Following up to devil

Isn't "disvirtuated" an ugly neologism or have I drifted off and
missed the point?
What does it mean?

Gosh, you might be right. It does not seem to be in my Webster. I wonder
where I got this from. I must have learned this somewhere?

George Bush?

:-)

Unlikely. I just can't take so I don't listen to him.