See a bit of the Faroe Islands.

Old September 16th, 2003, 11:12 AM
jfo

Default See a bit of the Faroe Islands.

Pictures from all over on the Faroe Islands.

Old September 16th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Derek F

Yeah, Where are the ones of the whales being slaughtered on the beach from yesterdays British papers and BBC news???
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/fro...nt/3104494.stm
Derek.

Old September 16th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Henry

jfo wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C37C4D.48F2E5F0

Pictures from all over on the Faroe Islands.

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C37C4D.48F2E5F0

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2Pictures from all over on the A
hrf="http:/www.fetti.dk/click.asp?_link=49&url=htt//faroeislands.dk"Faroe
Islands/A./FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=Arial size=2/FONT /DIV
DIV /DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C37C4D.48F2E5F0--

Please don't post to usenet in html.

cheers,

Henry
Old September 16th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Roger A

"Derek F" skrev i melding
Yeah, Where are the ones of the whales being slaughtered on the beach from
yesterdays British papers and BBC news???
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/fro...nt/3104494.stm
Derek.

Exactly - food u know, we all need it I guess......

Roger

Old September 16th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Miguel Cruz

Roger A wrote:
"Derek F" skrev:
Yeah, Where are the ones of the whales being slaughtered on the beach
from yesterdays British papers and BBC news???
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/fro...nt/3104494.stm

Exactly - food u know, we all need it I guess......

And there is no other food available in Norway? Perhaps we could arrange a
UN assistance program.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.
Old September 16th, 2003, 04:00 PM
jfo

Exactly - food u know, we all need it I guess......

And there is no other food available in Norway? Perhaps we could arrange a
UN assistance program.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.

Norway ? :-)

Faroe Islands is still a part of Denmark, as You can read on my page.
And Yes, there is plenty of other food but that is no reason for not eating
whales is it?

Actually I liked that article. Written by a guy on the spot. Normally
articles are written by somone far away
who has no idea what he's talking about.

I am currently not on the Islands but it might be a good idea to include
some pictures from the whalehunting.
And maybe a discussion-forum where we can discuss the item with the
ignorants that have lost all contact
with the nature and think that their burgers grow on the trees.

Good idea. Thanks.

-JFO

Old September 16th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Miguel Cruz

jfo wrote:
Miguel Cruz wrote:
And there is no other food available in Norway? Perhaps we could arrange a
UN assistance program.

Norway ? :-)

I was responding to a poster with a Norwegian address.

And Yes, there is plenty of other food but that is no reason for not
eating whales is it?

No, but likewise the existence of other food is also not a reason to avoid
eating human babies, granite, or hemlock.

These things come with their own reasons.

Old September 16th, 2003, 04:52 PM
jfo

Comparing baby-eating and whale-eating is hardly fair is it?

I would rather compare eating a whale to eating a cow or a pig.

-JFO

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Miguel Cruz

jfo wrote:
Comparing baby-eating and whale-eating is hardly fair is it?

I would rather compare eating a whale to eating a cow or a pig.

And presumably if I were a rapist I would rather compare rape to gentle
lovemaking.

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:56 PM
David Horne

Miguel Cruz wrote:

jfo wrote:
Comparing baby-eating and whale-eating is hardly fair is it?

I would rather compare eating a whale to eating a cow or a pig.

And presumably if I were a rapist I would rather compare rape to gentle
lovemaking.

Well, this is really rather pointless. A strict vegetarian might make a
similar quip to a lacto-vegetarian, a lacto-vegetarian likewise to
someone who eats fish, and a fish-eater to someone who eats meat. In
other words, people like to get into their little corners, feel smug and
superior, and then criticise others. Various peoples in the world have
historically eaten and hunted whales, and it was a very important source
of food for them. It's still probably possible to hunt whales and not
have a damaging impact on the environment. People overfish all the time,
and in the greater environmental scheme of things, that can cause just
as much damage. The world's greater ecosystem has been irrevocably
changed by the billions of people who now live on it, and extensively
farm it. People have more of a soft spot for whales though.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk