Locking Suitacse for the journey

Old September 9th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Peter L

Default Locking Suitacse for the journey

"PTRAVEL" wrote in message

"idkw" wrote in message
om...
"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message

"zxcvar" wrote in message
m...
Greetings! I shall be taking a plane trip on middle of this month
inside USA. Shall I lock the suitcase or keep it unlocked? With
thanks.

Why not do what most americans seem to do and take it all as hand

luggage ?
Then stuff it in the first available overhead space you see, miles

away
from
you own seat.

Last time I checked, overhead bins weren't assigned to any particular
passenger. First come, first served. Arrive early to avoid
disappointment you twit. Or is it ****?

Of course, when passengers do what you do, everyone is disserved, as it
requires passengers seated in the front battling their way to the back to
stow their carryon and, then, when disembarking, swimming upstream to get
it. Which is why, particularly when I fly in F, if the bins in the
immediate vicinity are full, I'll ask, "to whom does this belong?" If I

get
no answer, I'll tell the FA and smile pleasantly while it is gate-checked.

I mourn the death of courtesy and consideration in the U.S.

Were they ever alive?