Vodafone SIM cards

Old March 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Vodafone SIM cards

I am visiting Spain next week from the USA and i own a Czech republic
Vodafone rechargeable SIM card from when I used to live in Prague. Is
there anyway to recharge this SIM card when I arrive in Spain? The
options listed on vodafone.cz website say i can recharge by ATM, a
voucher or bank transfer, but the bank transfers only work from a
Czech bank account which I lack.

Does anyone know if a Spanish vodafone voucher would work to recharge
a Vodafone czech SIM card?
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike S.

In article ,
wrote:
I am visiting Spain next week from the USA and i own a Czech republic
Vodafone rechargeable SIM card from when I used to live in Prague. Is
there anyway to recharge this SIM card when I arrive in Spain? The
options listed on vodafone.cz website say i can recharge by ATM, a
voucher or bank transfer, but the bank transfers only work from a
Czech bank account which I lack.

Does anyone know if a Spanish vodafone voucher would work to recharge
a Vodafone czech SIM card?

AFAIK this is true anywhere they have service. You can top up using a
local voucher in the foreign country you have travelled to.

Old March 10th, 2009, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge14[_2_]

Who is interested by your opinion ?
Not me.

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:55:59 +0100, "trallala" wrote:

the french ones are cancelled the earliest ( FR Providers are rippoff,
event
phone cards expire.... )

in other countries, its 12 months, 15 months, sometimes never
expires..............

Vodafone expires after 6 months. Pocketing the credit is theft IMO.
--

Martin

Old March 11th, 2009, 08:35 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:26:38 +0100, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote in post :
:

Martin wrote in
:

Vodafone expires after 6 months. Pocketing the credit is theft IMO.

I think it varies among countries because different regulations apply.
According to a court ruling some time ago in Germany, they may not
pocket the credit, but they may still expire the SIM if there is no
activity for some amount of time.

How does that work? Does the credit just evaporate? Or can the customer
reclaim it when they reactivate/buy a new card?
--
Tim C.
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:00:09 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:35:09 +0100, "Tim C." wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:26:38 +0100, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote in post :
:

Martin wrote in
:

Vodafone expires after 6 months. Pocketing the credit is theft IMO.

I think it varies among countries because different regulations apply.
According to a court ruling some time ago in Germany, they may not
pocket the credit, but they may still expire the SIM if there is no
activity for some amount of time.

How does that work? Does the credit just evaporate? Or can the customer
reclaim it when they reactivate/buy a new card?

The credit goes into the pockets of Vodafone.

Not if what Wolfgang says is correct.

--
Tim C.
Old March 11th, 2009, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:06:08 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

Vodafone expires after 6 months. Pocketing the credit is theft IMO.

I think it varies among countries because different regulations apply.
According to a court ruling some time ago in Germany, they may not
pocket the credit, but they may still expire the SIM if there is no
activity for some amount of time.

How does that work? Does the credit just evaporate? Or can the customer
reclaim it when they reactivate/buy a new card?

The credit goes into the pockets of Vodafone.

Not if what Wolfgang says is correct.

What Wolfgang said applies to Germany. When I complained in a UK Vodafone shop I
was told to read the T&C.

I know. I was replying to Wolfgang's post about what happens in Germany. I
wanted to know how the Germans handle the unused credit in an expired card.
I thought that was prety obviousI looked on the vodafone.de (CallYa) site
but I'm buggered if I can find anything about the cards expiring at all.

--
Tim C.
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:10:21 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:40:47 +0100, "Tim C." wrote:

[...]

The T&C I copied here apply everywhere.

Where did you find it?
--
Tim C.
Old March 11th, 2009, 12:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:48:20 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

with great difficulty, on Vodafone's website.

which vodafone site? .com, .de, .co.uk. ....?
--
Tim C.
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:41:12 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:55:35 +0100, "Tim C." wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:48:20 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

with great difficulty, on Vodafone's website.

which vodafone site? .com, .de, .co.uk. ....?

almost certainly )

It was the site offering a Vodafone CALL HOME prepaid SIM card that you can use
almost anywhere in the world and be charged at the local rate/minute. That's why
I said the conditions applied everywhere.
http://www.vodafone.nl/english/prepa...=14182_exp_ldb

I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS CARD!!!!

Afaict that product isn't offered in Germany: although you can top it up
there of course. So I suspect conditions my well be different for the
"equivalent German product" ie CallYa. I am only guessing as I still can't
find any info on cancelling the cards on the .de site. They're as bad as
RyanAir at information dissemination.

--
Tim C.