Flight from Ho Chi Monh to Siem Reap

Old December 9th, 2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
HHasund

Default Flight from Ho Chi Monh to Siem Reap

We are travelling from HCM to Siem Reap in the middle of January, and I am
wondering how to get my tickets.
I can get tickets from Expedia today for $167 each.
Is there anything to gain by waiting until I arrive in HCM before we buy the
tickets?
Or should I just go ahead and buy them on Expedia?

Sincerely,
HH

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:53 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , HHasund says...
We are travelling from HCM to Siem Reap in the middle of January, and I am
wondering how to get my tickets.
I can get tickets from Expedia today for $167 each.
Is there anything to gain by waiting until I arrive in HCM before we buy the
tickets?

The tickets might be cheaper in Saigon. And you have more flexibility,
in case you want to make short term changes to your schedule.

Or should I just go ahead and buy them on Expedia?

I would buy the tickets locally, not so much because of the price, but
because this way I'm more flexible.

See also my Cambodia and Vietnam travelogues:
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Cambodia/2006/
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Vietnam/2006/
--

Alfred Molon
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Alfred Molon wrote:

I would buy the tickets locally, not so much because of the price, but
because this way I'm more flexible.

It seems things have really changed in less than a year. I am being quoted
over $300 (economy) from a fairly reputable agent in Hanoi. I am wondering
if tickets are cheaper than this now. I am flying SGN-REP-SGN in less than
a month and would like to know what the airfare is for both econ and bus
class R/T. Thanks in advance.

rg

Old September 29th, 2008, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Sharkbait says...

It seems things have really changed in less than a year. I am being quoted
over $300 (economy) from a fairly reputable agent in Hanoi. I am wondering
if tickets are cheaper than this now. I am flying SGN-REP-SGN in less than
a month and would like to know what the airfare is for both econ and bus
class R/T. Thanks in advance.

I paid USD 95 in Phnom Penh for the flight Phnom Penh-Saigon (one-way)
in December 2006, so the USD 300 you've been quoted seem very reasonable
considering the return fare, larger distance and increased fuel costs.
--

Alfred Molon
Old September 30th, 2008, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Alfred Molon wrote in message

I paid USD 95 in Phnom Penh for the flight Phnom Penh-Saigon (one-way)
in December 2006, so the USD 300 you've been quoted seem very reasonable
considering the return fare, larger distance and increased fuel costs.

I questioned it becase the difference between what the Vietnamese travel
agent quoted me and Expedia was within a few dollars, the major difference
being that Expedia issues paper tickets. In-any-case, I need to see Angkor
Wat before I die. This seems to be the right time.

rg

Old September 30th, 2008, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 00:27:34 GMT, "Sharkbait"
wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote in message
m...

I paid USD 95 in Phnom Penh for the flight Phnom Penh-Saigon (one-way)
in December 2006, so the USD 300 you've been quoted seem very reasonable
considering the return fare, larger distance and increased fuel costs.

I questioned it becase the difference between what the Vietnamese travel
agent quoted me and Expedia was within a few dollars, the major difference
being that Expedia issues paper tickets. In-any-case, I need to see Angkor
Wat before I die. This seems to be the right time.

rg

Get your agent to check out the rules and prices for a
Bangkok Airways Discovery Airpass for your flight itinerary:
http://www.bangkokair.com/airpass.php

I agree about Angkor Wat:
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/angkor-wat.html

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Two Indian Hotels: to Sleep, Perchance...