Clipper Sails to Every Continent!

Old September 27th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Clipper Sails to Every Continent!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Clipper Cruise Line and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

CLIPPER EXTENDS EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCES
WITH 2006 ITINERARIES TO EVERY CONTINENT

ST. LOUIS, September 2005
Since its founding in 1982, Clipper Cruise Line has stood for a high
level of quality, hospitality, service, and a cruise experience that
is well beyond the norm. This commitment to a more meaningful travel
experience is quite apparent in Clipper’s 2006 schedule, where the
company has arranged more than 40 cruise itineraries that encompass
every continent aboard its fleet of four small ships.

“With our emphasis on visiting interesting destinations — places of
great natural beauty, exotic wildlife, and historical or cultural
significance — a Clipper voyage offers lasting travel memories,”
Clipper Cruise Line Chief Executive Officer David Drier said. “Among
the options planned for 2006 are trips to famed archaeological sites
throughout the Mediterranean and North Atlantic, wine and
cuisine-themed excursions in Northern California and the Hudson River
Valley, wildlife-intensive discoveries, and relaxing voyages along
both coasts of North America. In addition to past-passenger
favorites, we’re also introducing a number of new adventures that are
certain to delight.”

Clipper’s trips are prime examples of the three-sided benefits of
small-ship cruising. The ships’ nimble maneuverability and smaller
size bring guests to destinations in ways that larger vessels cannot —
either providing access to areas of natural beauty and cultural
interest that have remained outside the realm of mass-market tourism
or to regions that the company’s personal approach to discovery
produces a more meaningful experience. Second, the ships are
unobtrusive, in that their small size and capacity — carrying no more
than 138 passengers on any departure — allows them to quietly visit
ports and sail through areas without disturbing the local environment.
Third, the overall travel experience is enhanced by the presence of
onboard regional experts that extend guests’ desire for lifelong
learning through travel.

Clipper’s 2006 schedule allows guests to explore from Antarctica to
above the Arctic Circle, and all points in between. In the winter
months, passengers can travel to the ice-covered Antarctic Peninsula,
the sun-drenched islands of the Caribbean, or the spectacular fjords
of New Zealand. Following the sun on its trek to the Northern
Hemisphere, the ships will visit Japan, Baja California, America’s
Atlantic Coast, and the Mediterranean during the spring. Summer
cruises will visit the islands of the North Atlantic and Scandinavia,
the Great Lakes, Alaska, and Russia’s Kamchatka Peninsula. Returning
to their winter homes, the ships will call upon China, Vietnam,
Northern California, New England, and Chile in the fall.

In addition to classic favorites, Clipper is offering 14 new and
enriching adventures for 2006, including:

« Natural Wonders of the U.S. and British Virgin Islands — This
10-day cruise aboard the 102-passenger Nantucket Clipper features the
secluded bays, marinas and coves of the U.S. and British Virgin
Islands to present a Caribbean experience that goes leagues beyond the
norm. Traveling round-trip from St. Thomas, guests will visit Great
Tobago, Jost Van Dyke, Tortola, Anegada, Virgin Gorda, Norman Island,
and St. John for warm sun, crystal-clear water, and a carefree
lifestyle. Cruise departs on January 7, 2006. Cabin rates begin at
$2,830 per person, double occupancy.

« Stars of the Southern Hemisphere – From the Fjords of New
Zealand to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef — Featuring spectacular
stargazing and breathtaking landscapes from New Zealand to the Great
Barrier Reef and Coral Sea, this 19-day adventure using the
128-passenger Clipper Odyssey offers an extraordinary expeditionary
experience. A distinguished group of experts — including an
astronomer and marine biologist — will accompany guests to enhance
their understanding of the unique natural world found Down Under.
Cruise departs on February 22, 2006. Cabin rates begin at $8,390 per
person, double occupancy, and include two hotel nights in Queenstown,
two hotel nights in Sydney, a flight from Port Moresby to Sydney, and
all sightseeing.

« Exploring the Seas of Ulysses, Featuring the Total Solar Eclipse
— Coinciding with the total solar eclipse, this 12-day cruise aboard
the 122-passenger Clipper Adventurer presents fascinating sights on
land and in the sky. Traveling from Italy to the Greek Isles, guests
will enjoy port calls in Naples, Palermo, Athens, Mýkonos, Rhodes,
Iráklio, and Santorini. An optional extension is available in Athens
at additional cost. Cruise departs on March 21, 2006. Cabin rates
begin at $3,630 per person, double occupancy.

« Classical Antiquities of the Greek Isles, Libya, and Tunisia —
Tracing the sunswept shores of the Mediterranean aboard the Clipper
Adventurer, guests can view spectacular Greek, Roman, and Muslim
archaeological sites; discover the legendary tales; and be among the
first Westerners in many years to visit Libya on this 13-day cruise.
Highlights include a panoramic tour in Athens; the Palace of Knossos
in Iráklio; the Roman ruin sites at Leptis Magna and a panoramic tour
of Tripoli in Libya; and the Bardo Museum in Tunisia. Optional
extensions are available in Athens and Valletta at additional cost.
Cruise departs on March 31 and April 11, 2006. Cabin rates begin at
$4,770 per person, double occupancy, and all sightseeing.

« World War II Italian Campaign — Tracing the path of the Allied
forces along the beautiful Sicilian and Italian coasts, this 10-day
cruise on the Clipper Adventurer brings alive the struggles and
triumphs of this demanding campaign that led to the surrender of the
Axis troops in Italy. Joining passengers on board are historians that
will offer added details and lead excursions ashore to enhance
enjoyment and understanding. An optional extension is available in
Valletta at additional cost. Cruise departs on May 17, 2006. Cabin
rates begin at $3,930 per person, double occupancy, and all
sightseeing.

« Cruising the Waterways of Coastal Maine — This new eight-day
cruise aboard the Nantucket Clipper presents a close-up perspective on
the rugged beauty and maritime history of coastal Maine. Traveling
between Boston and Bangor, optional tours and port calls will visit
Kennebunkport, Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park; plus, a cruise
will highlight picturesque Penobscot Bay. Cruise departs on May 24,
May 31, and June 7, 2006. Cabin rates begin at $2,330 per person,
double occupancy.

« Islands of the Russian Far East — Along with sightseeing and one
night in Tokyo, this 14-day adventure featuring the Clipper Odyssey
presents an expeditionary journey along the remote Kuril Islands.
Guests will enjoy spectacular geysers, impressive volcanic peaks, and
a wide variety of birds and other marine life in one of the world’s
most-pristine environments. Cruise departs on June 11, 2006. Cabin
rates begin at $7,100 per person, double occupancy, and include one
hotel night in Tokyo, one hotel night in Anchorage, a flight from
Tokyo to Hakodate, a flight from Petropavlovsk to Anchorage, and all
sightseeing.

« Arctic Odyssey – Retracing the Routes of the Vikings — Following
paths first established by intrepid Viking explorers, guests aboard
the Clipper Adventurer will observe traditional communities, abundant
wildlife, and spectacular scenery along the Arctic Circle. Using the
ship’s onboard Zodiac landing craft, travelers on this 20-day
expedition will gain a close-up perspective of life in the remote
North Atlantic. Cruise departs on August 3, 2006. Cabin rates begin
at $9,420 per person, double occupancy, and include two hotel nights
in Oslo, a flight from Longyearbyen to Oslo, and all sightseeing.

« Cruising the Shores of Lake Michigan, Featuring Mackinac Island
— This eight-day, round-trip cruise from Chicago aboard the Nantucket
Clipper features the largest lake wholly within the United States for
its quaint lakeside villages, scenic beauty, and cultural attractions.
A highlight is a full-day at Mackinac Island, long-recognized as one
of America’s premier resort destinations. Five cruises depart from
August through September 2006. Cabin rates begin at $2,370 per
person, double occupancy.

« Expedition from the Arctic Circle to the Norwegian Fjords —
During the brief Arctic summer, guests on this 14-day adventure
featuring the Clipper Adventurer will experience towering mountains,
majestic fjords, bird-covered cliffs, and wildflower-dotted tundra
along the Norwegian coast. A treasured memory will be expeditionary
sailing through Norway’s famed Geirangerfjord, which some consider to
be the most beautiful fjord in the world. Cruise departs on August
17, 2006. Cabin rates begin at $6,170 per person, double occupancy,
and include two hotel nights in Oslo, a flight from Oslo to
Longyearbyen and all sightseeing.

« Ancient Viking Settlements – Expedition from Norway to Ireland —
From Scandinavia to the British Isles, travelers aboard the Clipper
Adventurer will encounter pristine scenery, Stone Age ruins, and
abundant wildlife. Clipper’s onboard staff will offer expeditionary
cruising aboard the ship’s fleet of Zodiac landing craft to bring
guests even closer to the natural delights. Cruise departs on August
27, 2006. Cabin rates begin at $3,940 per person, double occupancy,
and include two hotel nights in Bergen.

« Fall Colors of Maine — Another new journey aboard the Nantucket
Clipper features the colorful autumn display along the New England
coast. Between Bangor and Boston, guests will enjoy quaint villages,
colonial history, and a rainbow of colors at the perfect time of the
year. Cruise departs on October 3 and 10, 2006. Cabin rates begin at
$2,330 per person, double occupancy.

« South Pacific Islands, Featuring the Skies of the Southern
Hemisphere and the Leonid Meteor Showers — The sand-covered beaches
and crystal-clear waters between New Caledonia and New Zealand are
just a part of this 17-day adventure that features the Clipper
Odyssey. Guests will also enjoy nightly stargazing during the Leonid
meteor shower with an onboard astronomer available to point out
constellations and answer passengers’ inquiries. Cruise departs on
November 9, 2006. Cabin rates begin at $7,270 per person, double
occupancy, and include one hotel night in Nouméa and all sightseeing.

All Clipper Cruise Line itineraries include deluxe accommodations in
all-outside cabins aboard the ship, all meals aboard the ship, port
charges, and special extras per the itinerary. Cruises aboard the
Clipper Adventurer and Clipper Odyssey also include onboard
gratuities.

For reservations aboard a Clipper Cruise Line ship, travelers should
contact their professional travel consultant.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 04:53 PM
Reef Fish

Ray Goldenberg wrote with NO follow-up by anyone:

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from any excuse and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Ray
SPAMHOUSE TRAVEL

By now, everyone could recognize a tell-tale sign of Ray Goldenberg's
posts -- A thread with 1 post -- his "press release", on topics that
NOBODY cares, as an excuse for his repeated SPAM for his own travel
agency.

Boycott cretins who rudely spams newsgroups.

Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:21 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article . com,
"Reef Fish" wrote:

Ray Goldenberg wrote with NO follow-up by anyone:

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from any excuse and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Ray
SPAMHOUSE TRAVEL

By now, everyone could recognize a tell-tale sign of Ray Goldenberg's
posts -- A thread with 1 post -- his "press release", on topics that
NOBODY cares, as an excuse for his repeated SPAM for his own travel
agency.

Boycott cretins who rudely spams newsgroups.

Actually, Ray's posts are on topic, and usually interesting to most that
read here.

Yours, OTOH....
Old October 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Lloyd Parsons

In article .com,
"Reef Fish" wrote:

Lloyd Parsons wrote:
In article . com,
"Reef Fish" wrote:

Ray Goldenberg wrote with NO follow-up by anyone:

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from any excuse and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Ray
SPAMHOUSE TRAVEL

By now, everyone could recognize a tell-tale sign of Ray Goldenberg's
posts -- A thread with 1 post -- his "press release", on topics that
NOBODY cares, as an excuse for his repeated SPAM for his own travel
agency.

Boycott cretins who rudely spams newsgroups.

Actually, Ray's posts are on topic, and usually interesting to most that
read here.

How do YOU know it's "usually interesting to most that read here"?

Did you conduct a scientific poll for your assertion?

I didn't. But I found the ONLY follow-up to Ray's 7 SPAMS to
which I referred was this:

clint BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE VOTE, from the entire readership of rtc, on Ray's SEVEN spams!

Is that what you call "interesting to most that read here"?

They aren't the type of postings that really need follow-up, why would
you expect to have some.

They are informational and on-topic for this newsgroup.

Yours, OTOH....

Drew the attention of readers in this ng; especially those who
are unaware of Ray's violation of USENET guidelines in his spam
and scam.

It brought YOU out, didn't it? And a couple of other COM
(Clueless Old Men) while the LOLs were silent.

-- Bob.

A cockroach in the soup draws attention, so what is your point?

That irritating posts can get responses? Or that since you don't have
anything cruise related to talk about, you'd rather bitch than just shut
up?

And I'm always out, just not always responding or posting. When I get
closer to my cruise dates, or have just returned, I'll have a few
on-topic posts up.

Old October 4th, 2005, 02:41 AM
PARNAMI

I DON'T APPRECIATE SOME CLOWN CHANGING THE TITLES OF THESE THREADS!! I
happen to value Ray's posts which suppliment the information I receive
from my own sources. Although usually, I've already seen most of what
Ray posts, the few items that I don't make him an asset to these
boards...UNLIKE HIS DISSENTERS WHO ADD NOTHING AT ALL!

Old October 4th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Reef Fish

PARNAMI wrote:
I DON'T APPRECIATE SOME CLOWN CHANGING THE TITLES OF THESE THREADS!! I
happen to value Ray's posts which suppliment the information I receive
from my own sources. Although usually, I've already seen most of what
Ray posts, the few items that I don't make him an asset to these
boards...UNLIKE HIS DISSENTERS WHO ADD NOTHING AT ALL!

You and Ray's three other fans should just give Ray your email address
and have him send you a private GROUP email. I think he knows how to
do that.

If not, I am sure he can learn. Even an old dog like him can learn
how to send an email to a PRIVATE list of addresses, don't you think?

-- Bob.

Old October 4th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Prime

"PARNAMI" posted the exciting message
oups.com:

I DON'T APPRECIATE SOME CLOWN CHANGING THE TITLES OF THESE THREADS!! I
happen to value Ray's posts which suppliment the information I receive
from my own sources. Although usually, I've already seen most of what
Ray posts, the few items that I don't make him an asset to these
boards...UNLIKE HIS DISSENTERS WHO ADD NOTHING AT ALL!

I appreciate his posts. Stinky fish I can do without.

Prime Factor
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Reef Fish

Prime wrote:
"PARNAMI" posted the exciting message
oups.com:

I DON'T APPRECIATE SOME CLOWN CHANGING THE TITLES OF THESE THREADS!! I
happen to value Ray's posts which suppliment the information I receive
from my own sources. Although usually, I've already seen most of what
Ray posts, the few items that I don't make him an asset to these
boards...UNLIKE HIS DISSENTERS WHO ADD NOTHING AT ALL!

The lack of credibility of PARNAMI and his Cluelessness are lucidly
illustrated by HIMSELF by calling this newsgroup (or any newsgroup)
"these boards".

The only "board" is that block of wood that made up his head! It's
little wonder why he has NO CLUE at all to what USENET is what what
are clear VIOLATIONS of usenet guidelines.

I appreciate his posts. Stinky fish I can do without.

Whose posts are "his posts" -- Ray's or PARNAMI's? Well, lucky
you, it doesn't matter. It matters little whether you worship a
cretin or a clueless nincompoop, does it?

-- Bob.