standbye placement

Old July 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
yawnmoth

Default standbye placement

According to the LCD displays at DFW, ones Standbye status is
determined by your AAdvantage Status, your Checkin time, and travel
disruptions. I assume the AAdvantage Status includes frequent flier
miles.

My question is... if you spend some of your frequent flier miles,
will that negatively effect your Standbye placement?

If you frequently get on Standbye lists, does that affect your
AAdvantage Status?
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
James Robinson

yawnmoth wrote:

According to the LCD displays at DFW, ones Standbye status is
determined by your AAdvantage Status, your Checkin time, and travel
disruptions. I assume the AAdvantage Status includes frequent flier
miles.

My question is... if you spend some of your frequent flier miles,
will that negatively effect your Standbye placement?

If you frequently get on Standbye lists, does that affect your
AAdvantage Status?

No and no. It's based on what status level you are in the program, not
whta miles you use. It is also based on the fare class you paid, so when
you use points, you fall into a much lower priority than someone who is top
tier AAdvantage status, and flying on a full-fare ticket. You will be
above employees flying standby, if that is any consolation.
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"yawnmoth" wrote:
According to the LCD displays at DFW, ones Standbye status is
determined by your AAdvantage Status, your Checkin time, and
travel disruptions. I assume the AAdvantage Status includes
frequent flier miles. My question is... if you spend some of your
frequent flier miles, will that negatively effect your Standbye
placement? If you frequently get on Standbye lists, does that
affect your AAdvantage Status?

I dunno, but I'd much rather be on "Standby" than "Standbye"...
the latter having some negative connotations.

Old July 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:12:13 -0700 (PDT) yawnmoth wrote:

:According to the LCD displays at DFW, ones Standbye status is
:determined by your AAdvantage Status, your Checkin time, and travel
:disruptions. I assume the AAdvantage Status includes frequent flier
:miles.

:My question is... if you spend some of your frequent flier miles,
:will that negatively effect your Standbye placement?

No. It is your current elite level which is based on the number of points last
year or this year, whichever is higher.

:If you frequently get on Standbye lists, does that affect your
:AAdvantage Status?

Can't imagine why.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old July 29th, 2008, 07:42 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

yawnmoth wrote:

According to the LCD displays at DFW, ones Standbye status is
determined by your AAdvantage Status, your Checkin time, and travel
disruptions. I assume the AAdvantage Status includes frequent flier
miles.

My question is... if you spend some of your frequent flier miles,
will that negatively effect your Standbye placement?

If you frequently get on Standbye lists, does that affect your
AAdvantage Status?

Elite Status isn't determine by the number of miles remaining.
AA.com has quite a bit of info on the levels.