Earliest Return Flight From LAX After Princess Cruises?

Old September 16th, 2008, 06:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Earliest Return Flight From LAX After Princess Cruises?

Hi all

Just wondering what would be the earliest return flight departure time
out of LAX after a Princess Cruise. We will be disembarking on a
Saturday.

Thanks
M. Graham

Old September 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
TEP

One would think that this should be highlighted on cruise websites, but it
isn't. Carnival says this: "Los Angeles - earliest return flight after
12:30 PM for Los Angeles International; 1:30 PM for John Wayne-Santa
Ana/Orange County"

Old September 16th, 2008, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
Rog'

" wrote:
Just wondering what would be the earliest return flight departure
time out of LAX after a Princess Cruise. We will be disembarking
on a Saturday.

At What Time?
It may take you 2.5 hours from arrival to have feet on the pavement
and luggage in hand. Add another hour from the Port to your ticket
counter at LAX (with heavy traffic at each end), and another hour to
your gate. IMHO

Old September 17th, 2008, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Sep 16, 5:09*am, "TEP" wrote:
One would think that this should be highlighted on cruise websites, but it
isn't. *Carnival says this: *"Los Angeles - earliest return flight after
12:30 PM for Los Angeles International; 1:30 PM for John Wayne-Santa
Ana/Orange County"

Thanks

I will look for flights that are later than 12:30 PM. Now I just wish
the Port of Los Angeles was more like Port Everglades. At Port
Everglades cabs are a very convenient and inexpensive way to get to
the airport. Several friends have suggested a van service like Super
Shuttle, but we I would have no way of knowing in advance as to which
time to request a pick-up for.

M. Graham
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
John Doe[_2_]

Your cruise company is probably the only one to know for sure what the
connection time between ship arriving and flight leaving. A large
percentage of their customers book their flights through the cruise
company as part of a package and the cruise company knows exactly how
long it takes to carry people. And they know what to expect in terms of
delays in ship arriving port, and how long it takes for people to clear
customs/immigration lines as thei disembark and wait for luggage etc etc.

Anyone know if cruise companies have some responability for connections
if a ship is late etc when a passenger has booked the return flight
through the cruise company ?
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

TEP wrote:
One would think that this should be highlighted on cruise websites, but it
isn't. Carnival says this: "Los Angeles - earliest return flight after
12:30 PM for Los Angeles International; 1:30 PM for John Wayne-Santa
Ana/Orange County"

That's interesting. Although I would warn that American Eagle flights
out of LAX require a bus ride to the remote terminal, so allow longer
time. Google Maps says it takes about 14 minutes longer to drive to SNA
than to LAX. However, I think check in at SNA is might make up for that
difference, so I don't think it deserves an extra hour.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Rog' wrote:

" wrote:

Just wondering what would be the earliest return flight departure
time out of LAX after a Princess Cruise. We will be disembarking
on a Saturday.

At What Time?
It may take you 2.5 hours from arrival to have feet on the pavement
and luggage in hand. Add another hour from the Port to your ticket
counter at LAX (with heavy traffic at each end), and another hour to
your gate. IMHO

Hell, we don't even know where they are going, or whether the return
flight needs to be on the same carrier as the outbound.
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:55 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

John Doe wrote:

Your cruise company is probably the only one to know for sure what the
connection time between ship arriving and flight leaving. A large
percentage of their customers book their flights through the cruise
company as part of a package and the cruise company knows exactly how
long it takes to carry people. And they know what to expect in terms of
delays in ship arriving port, and how long it takes for people to clear
customs/immigration lines as thei disembark and wait for luggage etc etc.

Anyone know if cruise companies have some responability for connections
if a ship is late etc when a passenger has booked the return flight
through the cruise company ?

If you book the air/sea packages, they normally do take responsibility
for this.