Wildebeest migration

Old June 8th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Dave B

Default Wildebeest migration

A few weeks back there was a discussion on the location of the
wildebeest migration. Just to keep you updated I found this information
on the wildwatch web site (http://www.wildwatch.com/sightings/migration.asp)

Western Serengeti (Grumeti River Camp) (6/4/2004)

The Migration was seen in the Seronera area on Monday with the tail end
of the Migration south of Seronera. The main body seems to have moved on
in the direction of the western Serengeti but has not yet been seen on
the main road to Grumeti, so it is thought that they must be in the hill
region.

Karen Richards
Lodge Manager
Grumeti River Camp

Cheers

Dave B

Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:49 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Dave B wrote:

A few weeks back there was a discussion on the location of the
wildebeest migration. Just to keep you updated I found this information
on the wildwatch web site (http://www.wildwatch.com/sightings/migration.asp)

Western Serengeti (Grumeti River Camp) (6/4/2004)

The Migration was seen in the Seronera area on Monday with the tail end
of the Migration south of Seronera. The main body seems to have moved on
in the direction of the western Serengeti but has not yet been seen on
the main road to Grumeti, so it is thought that they must be in the hill
region.

Pretty much right. I was there 9-12 June. Wildebeest were just west
and north of the turnoff to the Serena lodge. and moving to and from
Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Dave Patterson

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

Pretty much right. I was there 9-12 June. Wildebeest were just west
and north of the turnoff to the Serena lodge. and moving to and from

So - how did you enjoy your trip?

Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Dave Patterson wrote:

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

Pretty much right. I was there 9-12 June. Wildebeest were just west
and north of the turnoff to the Serena lodge. and moving to and from

So - how did you enjoy your trip?

good, great in fact. Above expectations tough no Grumeti river
crossings to observe. From what I read about safari trucks blocking
crossings and causing panics and mass drownings, i am not sure if I want
to.