Why not travel in the Land Down Under?

Old January 10th, 2007, 07:50 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Why not travel in the Land Down Under?

Australia is home to the best and most vibrant cities in the world,
promising only the best for your business. It's about time you
expanded. Add to this, the invaluable pleasure of living in a country
with a low cost but high standard of living, friendly climate, warm
people, and generally safe surroundings. Indeed, this is why thousands
of migrants are choosing Australia in which to build and realize their
dreams.

Let National Visas help you travel Australia the hassle- and
stress-free way.

NationalVisas.com.au is a premier Australian immigration service
offering concrete and straightforward solutions to all your Australian
immigration concerns.

So what are you waiting for? Visit National Visas now at
http://www.nationalvisas.com.au

Old January 11th, 2007, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Landlord

--
\I/

(@ @)
----o0O-(_)-O0o----

wrote in message
oups.com...
Australia is home to the best and most vibrant cities in the world,
promising only the best for your business. It's about time you
expanded. Add to this, the invaluable pleasure of living in a country
with a low cost but high standard of living, friendly climate, warm
people, and generally safe surroundings. Indeed, this is why thousands
of migrants are choosing Australia in which to build and realize their
dreams.

Let National Visas help you travel Australia the hassle- and
stress-free way.

NationalVisas.com.au is a premier Australian immigration service
offering concrete and straightforward solutions to all your Australian
immigration concerns.

So what are you waiting for? Visit National Visas now at
http://www.nationalvisas.com.au

Thousands of migrants? A low cost of living ! You are joking. Jobs are not
that easy to get either.
At what market do you direct your comments to?

LL

Old January 11th, 2007, 04:12 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Landlord,
Where do you live that jobs are hard to get?
Be more specific as most areas of Australia are looking for skilled and
unskilled workers and cant get them even though there are still many able
bodied persons on the dole.
Australian unemployment is around 4.6% for 2nd month.
Tasmania has the highest WA has the lowest around 3.1% and Eastern states
are around 5%
Living costs in Australia, even though the two big Food chains of Woolies
and Coles are
lifting prices every month, are a lot less than in say Europe where the cost
ratio between wages
and costs of food and accomodation is in the main nearly double Australia.
John H
"LandLord" apub@sydney wrote in message

\I/

(@ @)
----o0O-(_)-O0o----

oups.com...

Old January 11th, 2007, 04:58 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Landlord

Landlord,
Where do you live that jobs are hard to get?
Be more specific as most areas of Australia are looking for skilled and
unskilled workers and cant get them even though there are still many able
bodied persons on the dole.
Australian unemployment is around 4.6% for 2nd month.
Tasmania has the highest WA has the lowest around 3.1% and Eastern states
are around 5%
Living costs in Australia, even though the two big Food chains of Woolies
and Coles are
lifting prices every month, are a lot less than in say Europe where the cost
ratio between wages
and costs of food and accomodation is in the main nearly double Australia.
John H
"LandLord" apub@sydney wrote in message

The pay and conditions in Australia are abysmal. Yes there are plenty of
nursing jobs etc.The money is no good. This is across the board. Since the
Howerd's government have brought in the new IR laws, it's all going down
hill.
Don't compare with other countries. You can only compare with what you can
earn with what you can afford. The outlook for rental accom. is a 20% in
2007. Those figures you quote. You don't mention age groups,trade qual,
etc.etc.
I live in Sydney.

LL

Old January 11th, 2007, 12:40 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
gerrit

[...]

Why don't you go on strike?

Old January 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Tmac-100

When I was travelling in Australia jobs were available everywhere. I
travelled to Brisbane and Cairns, then overland by bicycle between
Cairns and Darwin. The NT had all sorts of jobs that were appealing to
young people. there were also teaching jobs (I am a teacher).

In the south (between Melbourne, Canberra, and Sydney) the same held
true. Friends' kids (now late teens ans early 20s) ALL had jobs.

No one was complaining about no work. I saw unfilled jobs advertised in
Sydney too.

Me? I flew back to Canada to my job after 9 weeks of "vacation" in OZ :-)
Ken, Canada

Old January 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Landlord

"Tmac-100" wrote in message
When I was travelling in Australia jobs were available everywhere. I
travelled to Brisbane and Cairns, then overland by bicycle between Cairns
and Darwin. The NT had all sorts of jobs that were appealing to young
people. there were also teaching jobs (I am a teacher).

In the south (between Melbourne, Canberra, and Sydney) the same held
true. Friends' kids (now late teens ans early 20s) ALL had jobs.

No one was complaining about no work. I saw unfilled jobs advertised in
Sydney too.

Me? I flew back to Canada to my job after 9 weeks of "vacation" in OZ :-)
Ken, Canada

You said it all Young people. In the main if you are over 40/45 you will be
lucky to get a job to your liking.

Old January 12th, 2007, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Tmac-100

LandLord wrote:
"Tmac-100" wrote in message
When I was travelling in Australia jobs were available everywhere. I
travelled to Brisbane and Cairns, then overland by bicycle between Cairns
and Darwin. The NT had all sorts of jobs that were appealing to young
people. there were also teaching jobs (I am a teacher).

In the south (between Melbourne, Canberra, and Sydney) the same held
true. Friends' kids (now late teens ans early 20s) ALL had jobs.

No one was complaining about no work. I saw unfilled jobs advertised in
Sydney too.

Me? I flew back to Canada to my job after 9 weeks of "vacation" in OZ :-)
Ken, Canada

You said it all Young people. In the main if you are over 40/45 you will be
lucky to get a job to your liking.

Think and act young perhaps??

Just wondering, as there were several folks I met in Darwin who were
being interviewed for work after being "apprehended" by locals to do
work. It seemed that the young were too eager to switch jobs while the
over-50 types were willing to stick it out for a longer period of time.
Plus, they were more reliable at coming into work..
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Well it sounds very much like you are making a lot of excuses
SO tell us what you age is, give us a look at your CV (if you bothered to do
one)
What jobs have you done that are so poorly paid, as most nursing is
reasonably paid
especially if you do contract nursing and or shift work.
John H
"LandLord" apub@sydney wrote in message
u...