WA

Old January 7th, 2007, 04:15 AM posted to aus.bushwalking,rec.travel.australia+nz
lio

Default WA

Hello !

Thanks to your advices, I did it ! 3 weeks in Pilbara, Ningaloo Reef,
Perth region and Sydney. So fantastic !

Karijini is wonderful, but I regret I did not take good waterproof shoes
because I had to give up some walks when I considered it was not safe
anylonger to continue barefoot. Be careful, camp site at Savannah is
closed and people arriving from Auski and leaving by Tom Price will have
to drive 100 km for nothing (2x50 km)... I wonder if the rangers of the
park are very concerned by the environment, because forcing people to
drive 100 km on unsealed road just because it seems they don't want to
reopen Weano Camp (apparently well equipped for that purpose) is not
really environmental friendly ! Anyway, this park is wonderfully
beautiful.

However, the Ningaloo Reef is my greatest experience during this trip.
Coral beach is very expensive, but definitely worth to be visited, at
least for the snorkeling with manta rays... Despite the absolutely
unrational price, I did it twice ! Wow, it is the experience of one life
! Cape Range Park and Exmouth region are also nice. I would like to
recommend the beautiful landscapes of Shothole canyon and Thomas
lookout.

Although beautiful, I did not like so much Perth, but I am still in love
with Sydney, the most beautiful city in universe !

So, another great aussy experience ! Happy new year to all !

Lionel