Americans panicking again..................

Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:35 PM
alohacyberian

Default Americans panicking again..................

wrote in message

The real and undeniable "connection" between Saddam and 9/11 was the
presence of US troops on Saudi soil.

Those who preferred "containment" policy as opposed to the other
official US policy (ILA of 1988) somehow felt it better that we:

a) keep those troops in SA,

b) add a few hundred thousand more sprinkled throughout the region for
a few years as we searched the country.

c) let thousand of Iraqis die through sanctions, and continued
totalitarian tactic of murder

d) keep up the northern no-fly zone with continued consistent engagement
(hey, but it's not a *war*, it's just *bombs and guns and stuff*, right?)

e) Give Saddam fantastic PR as the strong horse, encouraging radical
aggression from Islamists

f) Have Hans Blix appear at the UN on a monthly basis to report that "at
this time, Iraq is not in compliance", until he perishes of old age (at
which time Hans Blix Jr. would take over)

g) Aid the economy of the EU as they profit while turning their backs on
gross human rights abuses.

h) Send the undeniable message that the UN is complety useless in
enforcing its "mandates"

and on and on and on....

Instead, we:

a) took the ******* out.

b) showed those who knew the UN was a inneffective joke - and mistakenly
believed the US was as well - that they were half-right. The half they
got wrong was the worst half to get wrong.

c) said "**** you" to France, and others who believed the correct moral
choice was to put profit over all else.

I think we can stop right there, I'm satisfied.
~ SteveR in a political newsgroup
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:48 PM
Anonymous

Default J F tells Americans: "Get over it!"

JF M e z e i foamed at the mouth:

Peter L wrote:
You would be too if someone flew a couple of planes into tall buildings and
killed 3000 people.

Sorry to be blunt but... GET OVER IT.

Bush has killed 3 times more Iraqis than were killed at WTC.

It is much better to have one plane crash per year and the rest flying full
and airlines profitable than to put in so many fear messages that nobody
flies, airlines are going belly up, Boeing firing people left and right etc
etc.

You cannot let terrorists prevent you from living a normal life. And that
means you must prevent your government from going overboard with 1984 style
measures which, in the end, will do far more damage to your economy and
lifestyle than one very bad day in 2001.

Americans should wake up from this nightmare and realise that it has been made
far worse by the Bush regime that it really was.

Yes, 9-11 was a disaster of biblical proportions, not because of the number of
dead, not because of the plane crashes, but because of the people trapped and
the sheer size of the structures that fell down and it was all shown live to
the world.

Had the BAM earthquake been shown live, with 30k people killed, perhaps it
would have put the WTC disaster in perspective.

The intelligence community should be told to do their work behind the scenes
and their information must not be used as propaganda to exagerate the theaths
to keep the public in fear.

It is as if the United States of America was being artificially maintained in
a state of shock even since 9-11.

When Americans who would kill to prevent a government from issuing identity
cards for fear of "big brother" end up supporting the Patriot Act and stuff
like CAPPS, it means that there is something seriously changed with the
american psyche. American should realise that the real threath is their own
government who exagerates the threaths for their own political purposes.

Hmmm. . .why ruin this Mezei doozie with a comment. Speaks for itself really. .

Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:00 AM
Miguel Cruz

Jenn wrote:
Bert Hyman wrote:
Hmmm... Since only about 2400 were killed in the Japanese attack on
Pearl Harbor, I guess that to you, WW-II was just a big mistake.

no but attacking Mexico for Pearl Harbor would have been -- Irag had
nothing to do with 9/11 and we have abandoned the war on terror to scratch
Bush's Saddam Hussein itch

Some Bush speechwriter guy guesting on Dennis Miller's horrid new CNBC show
made the scariest argument yet - he basically said the justification for
attacking Saddam was to strike at terrorism by showing the world what
happens to people who thumb their noses at the USA. Not sure if he's been
fired yet.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/
Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:19 AM
DALing

you must be either ignorant or blind to ignore facts, too. The premise may
have been in error, but the result is that one major dictator is defunct.

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"alohacyberian" schreef in bericht
"Jenn" wrote in message

no but attacking Mexico for Pearl Harbor would have been -- Irag had
nothing to do with 9/11 and we have abandoned the war on terror to
scratch Bush's Saddam Hussein itch

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the news:

Case for Iraq War Stronger Than Ever

delete fabricated lies

You must be quite desperate to post this crap, Aloha.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 01:47 AM
Doug McDonald

Miguel Cruz wrote:

Some Bush speechwriter guy guesting on Dennis Miller's horrid new CNBC show
made the scariest argument yet - he basically said the justification for
attacking Saddam was to strike at terrorism by showing the world what
happens to people who thumb their noses at the USA.

Well, since that is the main intended effect .....

Doug McDonald
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:13 AM
john

On 2 Feb 2004 21:04:04 GMT, Bert Hyman wrote:

(nobody) wrote in
:

Peter L wrote:
You would be too if someone flew a couple of planes into tall
buildings and killed 3000 people.

Sorry to be blunt but... GET OVER IT.

Bush has killed 3 times more Iraqis than were killed at WTC.

Hmmm... Since only about 2400 were killed in the Japanese attack on
Pearl Harbor, I guess that to you, WW-II was just a big mistake.

For Christ's sake, did yoy read and understand the message from
NOBODY.

Here's a couple of key paragraphs:

You cannot let terrorists prevent you from living a normal life. And
that
means you must prevent your government from going overboard with 1984
style
measures which, in the end, will do far more damage to your economy
and
lifestyle than one very bad day in 2001.

Americans should wake up from this nightmare and realise that it has
been made
far worse by the Bush regime that it really was.

I would advise you to read and reflect on what he is saying.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:33 AM
devil

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:38:30 +0000, Kenny McCormack wrote:

Yeah, really. We should have just laughed it all off (accidents will
happen, you know...). Let Europe fall to the Germans; let the Japanese
take over the Pacific Rim. Really, not our problem.

What *were* we thinking?

The Bush adminstration is trying very hard to make the world feel that
maybe that might have been better...

Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:36 AM
devil

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:24:03 +0000, alohacyberian wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

no but attacking Mexico for Pearl Harbor would have been -- Irag had
nothing to do with 9/11 and we have abandoned the war on terror to
scratch Bush's Saddam Hussein itch

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the news:

Case for Iraq War Stronger Than Ever

Chief weapons of mass destruction hunter David Kay's pronouncement over the
weekend that he doesn't think the U.S. will ever find Iraq's WMD stockpiles
has all but demolished the Bush administration's central justification for
the Iraq war.

But as the WMD case grew increasingly weaker over the last year, the case for
war against Saddam Hussein actually became more and more compelling - based
on the growing dossier of evidence linking the Iraqi dictator to the 9/11
attacks.

Though the Bush administration has strenuously looked the other way on one
blockbuster development after another, the 9/11 file on Baghdad has grown to
include:

Sounds like the spinning machine has been busy full time.

Badly needed too. Now what will they invent when that crap is proven to
be more manufactured excuses?