Kuala Lumpur Hotels etc

Old September 25th, 2003, 05:23 PM
HT

Default Kuala Lumpur Hotels etc

Looking for a reasonable hotel with rooms for 2 adults and one child.

Also, are there pirate DVD's available in KL if so where?

Also, Major shopping centres?

Thanks

Old September 25th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Miguel Cruz

HT wrote:
Also, are there pirate DVD's available in KL if so where?

He

http://travel.u.nu/photo-my-17.php

(you'll see the street name on the sign). Every night from dusk until about
10 or 11pm.

Also, Major shopping centres?

The best are clustered around the corner of Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan
Sultan Ismail. They're mostly connected to each other by overpasses and
tunnels so once you get going you can keep at it all day.

Anyone know if the monorail's opened up there yet? Every time I go it's
about to happen. Haven't been back since March though.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.

Old September 26th, 2003, 05:08 AM
JMS

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message

The best are clustered around the corner of Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan
Sultan Ismail. They're mostly connected to each other by overpasses and
tunnels so once you get going you can keep at it all day.

Anyone know if the monorail's opened up there yet? Every time I go it's
about to happen. Haven't been back since March though.

Yes, it is open. I often stay at the Renaissance and see it whizzing around
quite often. They did close it down for a little while after one of the
'wheels' dropped off but that is now fixed. You will notice that all the
wheels are now covered so if they do fall off they won't kill anyone.

Old September 26th, 2003, 06:31 PM
hvpl

With the recent crackdown by the police, all pirated CDs have gone
underground & surface in the form of touts holding a handful of CD jackets
only. Gone are all the stalls, etc. Simply make your selection & pay the
exact price after checking the goods. Sorry, totally no refunds for RM5
disks.

Old September 26th, 2003, 06:37 PM
kkk

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:08:19 +0800, "JMS" wrote:

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Anyone know if the monorail's opened up there yet? Every time I go it's
about to happen. Haven't been back since March though.

Yes, it is open. I often stay at the Renaissance and see it whizzing around
quite often. They did close it down for a little while after one of the
'wheels' dropped off but that is now fixed. You will notice that all the
wheels are now covered so if they do fall off they won't kill anyone.

If they would only stopped buying those lousy quality wheels from
singapour, the accident wouldn't have happened....

Old September 26th, 2003, 07:18 PM
JMS

"kkk" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:08:19 +0800, "JMS" wrote:

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Anyone know if the monorail's opened up there yet? Every time I go it's
about to happen. Haven't been back since March though.

Yes, it is open. I often stay at the Renaissance and see it whizzing

around
quite often. They did close it down for a little while after one of the
'wheels' dropped off but that is now fixed. You will notice that all the
wheels are now covered so if they do fall off they won't kill anyone.

If they would only stopped buying those lousy quality wheels from
singapour, the accident wouldn't have happened....

They were from the UK

Old September 26th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Alfred Molon

In article ,
says...
http://travel.u.nu/photo-my-17.php

Hi Miguel,

cool site, cool design. Don't tell me you are familiar with PHP. Why
don't you add a guestbook ?
--

Alfred Molon
Old September 27th, 2003, 09:55 AM
BezPoplatku

True! Just returned yesterday from KL and almost no pirated DVD/VCD/CD to be
found.
There were a few touts in Chinatown (on and around Petaling Street), but
that was it... and they're constantly looking over their shoulders for the
police. From what I've heard, outside of KL/Klang Valley, they're still
available... Penang and Johor seem to be the hotspots.