Airfare to Republic of Georgia

Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:57 AM
Toma

Default Airfare to Republic of Georgia

Does anyone know how to get cheap airline tickets to Republic of
Georgia from Raleigh, NC? Thanks,
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:21 AM
mtravelkay

Toma wrote:
Does anyone know how to get cheap airline tickets to Republic of
Georgia from Raleigh, NC? Thanks,

The same places you normally get cheap fares.
I would look for an agency that specializes in travel to that part of
the world. Check out ads in newspapers aimed at people from there. You
could also ask people that usually travel there or from there to the US.

For comparison fares, you can check the sites of the mainstream online
agencies. I would suspect one routing might be Atlanta to Moscow to
Tbilisi. You might also contact SU for fares out of JFK, Washington, or
MIA to SVO, connecting to Tbilisi. I know there are agencies that can
give better quotes than the airline directly.
For comparison, for April, I found a fare of $1527 for April 14-28.

You might check the Airzena Georgian Airlines website
http://www.airzena.com/main.php and look at possible connecting cities.
AMS is one of the cheaper places to fly to from the US and they fly there.
Here is a timetable

http://www.airzena.com/main.php?page=departures

Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
Mårten Trolin

Toma wrote:
Does anyone know how to get cheap airline tickets to Republic of
Georgia from Raleigh, NC? Thanks,

One possibility would be Germania Express (www.gexx.com). However, since
they only fly from Dusseldorf I think you would have to do that as two
tickets (and risk your connection if the first flight is late).

Mårten

Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
Peter McGurk

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
. com...
Toma wrote:
Does anyone know how to get cheap airline tickets to Republic of
Georgia from Raleigh, NC? Thanks,

For comparison fares, you can check the sites of the mainstream online
agencies. I would suspect one routing might be Atlanta to Moscow to
Tbilisi. You might also contact SU for fares out of JFK, Washington, or
MIA to SVO, connecting to Tbilisi. I know there are agencies that can
give better quotes than the airline directly.
For comparison, for April, I found a fare of $1527 for April 14-28.

While there are routings via MOW, I imagine it's not one of the best places
in the world to connect. Do you know if they require US citizens to have a
visa, even for transit? As countries often impose the same requirements on
other states as those states impose on their citizens, it wouldn't surprise
me.

You might check the Airzena Georgian Airlines website
http://www.airzena.com/main.php and look at possible connecting cities.
AMS is one of the cheaper places to fly to from the US and they fly there.
Here is a timetable

http://www.airzena.com/main.php?page=departures

Airzena appear to have partnerships with several carriers including DL,
although delta.com had never heard of Tbilisi.

Travelocity.com were advertising fares ex-tax from around $940. Given the
routing, I'd be surprised if you can do much better than that on a through
ticket.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 02:49 PM
Peter McGurk

"Mårten Trolin" wrote in message
Toma wrote:
Does anyone know how to get cheap airline tickets to Republic of
Georgia from Raleigh, NC? Thanks,

One possibility would be Germania Express (www.gexx.com). However, since
they only fly from Dusseldorf I think you would have to do that as two
tickets (and risk your connection if the first flight is late).

Mårten

A good suggestion although they only have one flight per week and at ?350
return it's not exactly cheap. Still, if the OP can pick up a cheapo to DUS
and is prepared to overnight there, might be worth doing.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 04:12 PM
Mårten Trolin

Does anyone know how to get cheap airline tickets to Republic of
Georgia from Raleigh, NC? Thanks,

For comparison fares, you can check the sites of the mainstream online
agencies. I would suspect one routing might be Atlanta to Moscow to
Tbilisi. You might also contact SU for fares out of JFK, Washington, or
MIA to SVO, connecting to Tbilisi. I know there are agencies that can
give better quotes than the airline directly.
For comparison, for April, I found a fare of $1527 for April 14-28.

While there are routings via MOW, I imagine it's not one of the best places
in the world to connect. Do you know if they require US citizens to have a
visa, even for transit? As countries often impose the same requirements on
other states as those states impose on their citizens, it wouldn't surprise
me.

As long as you don't change airport (or terminal) you don't need a visa
(or at least you didn't need one about a year ago). I'm not sure what
happens if you need to transfer between terminals/airports.

Mårten