Paid upgrade on American?

Old November 28th, 2007, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Paid upgrade on American?

A few months ago on a Saturday afternoon domestic flight, I reprinted
my boarding pass at a kiosk at the airport - and it gave me the option
to upgrade for a fee. I haven't seen this happen since (I normally
check in online and print at the airport), so I'm curious as to why
this happened. Any ideas?
Old November 29th, 2007, 12:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
A few months ago on a Saturday afternoon domestic flight, I
reprinted my boarding pass at a kiosk at the airport - and it
gave me the option to upgrade for a fee. I haven't seen this
happen since (I normally check in online and print at the
airport), so I'm curious as to why this happened. Any ideas?

Perhaps they were empty up front and wanted to give the
1st class attendant something to do.

Old November 29th, 2007, 01:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Nov 28, 7:51 pm, "Rog'" wrote:
wrote:
A few months ago on a Saturday afternoon domestic flight, I
reprinted my boarding pass at a kiosk at the airport - and it
gave me the option to upgrade for a fee. I haven't seen this
happen since (I normally check in online and print at the
airport), so I'm curious as to why this happened. Any ideas?

Perhaps they were empty up front and wanted to give the
1st class attendant something to do.

The plane ended up being full (including F).

I'm also not elite and was on a N ticket.
Old November 29th, 2007, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

A few months ago on a Saturday afternoon domestic flight, I
reprinted my boarding pass at a kiosk at the airport - and it
gave me the option to upgrade for a fee. I haven't seen this
happen since (I normally check in online and print at the
airport), so I'm curious as to why this happened. Any ideas?

The plane ended up being full (including F).
I'm also not elite and was on a N ticket.

IT geeks have all enterprises, small to multi-national at their
mercy. Its possible that they accidentally left a door open
due to incomplete software instructions... later rectified.

Old December 1st, 2007, 02:29 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message "Rog'"
wrote:

IT geeks have all enterprises, small to multi-national at their
mercy. Its possible that they accidentally left a door open
due to incomplete software instructions... later rectified.

Naa, just that if there are enough seats up front available to cover
eligible frequent fliers, why not make some money from those who would
pay to move up?

I get this offer on about 50% of my flights, starting in April or so
this year. I've done it a couple times, although fairly rarely since it
usually only happens on a mostly empty flight (in which case I can
actually have more room in coach)

My last flight (three days ago) I had 15 seats to myself, business was
completely full -- I was much more comfortable where I was then up
front.