Hows this for a deal

Old June 15th, 2010, 05:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default Hows this for a deal

Bill wrote:

On 6/13/2010 10:55 AM, Rosalie B. wrote:

I would not say that NCL and NCL America were the same.

The thing I remember most about my NCL America cruise (other than their
losing my OBC and never managing to get it straightened out despite
several days of my TA communicating with the corporate office while I
was on the ship), was showing up at 5pm to get a dinner reservation for
the following day, only to find out that they were already booked for
all of the good times. We then discovered that we actually needed to
show up at 7:30am or so the previous day for reservations, even though
the ship's newsletter claimed otherwise, and then finding a line of 20+
people waiting for the same thing. Oh ,and they never picked up the
reservations number. I have heard that reservations are not as much of a
hassle on other NCL ships but to be honest, I'm not real interested in
finding out.

Up to now, I have not been at all interested in making dinner
reservations on any NCL ship. I know this is a problem for some
people, but I just am not interested in the specialty restaurants if I
have to pay extra. Food is not THAT important.

We did a B2B on NCL Pearl and we did make one reservation for that
night and the next night while everyone else was getting off.

On Celebrity we were assigned the 8:30 sitting and tried hard to get
it changed to the early seating with no success. All 8 of us at our
table wanted early seating and only one couple was successful in
making the switch. There was no Anytime dining or the equivalent on
the ship at that time.

I tried to get early seating on HAL also without success - they told
us that we could eat in the Anytime dining room at 5:30 but that was
the only assigned time they had. So we just went up and took 'pot
luck'. with that dining room without a reservation.

Old June 15th, 2010, 06:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

On 6/15/2010 12:14 AM, Rosalie B. wrote:
wrote:

[...]

We had been trying to make reservations for the Italian place, this was
before they started charging for it and it was small and very popular. I
tried to avoid the main dining rooms on that ship, amongst other things
they had a bad habit of posting a menu different from what they ended up
serving. So you'd make your decision where to eat based on what they
claimed was on the menu, only to find that it's something else. The only
pay places we ate at on NCL were the sushi place (my son and myself one
night) and the French place (my wife and myself).

Bill