Hotel recommendation needed

Old January 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
E.K. Newsgroup Acct

Default Hotel recommendation needed

Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near the
passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those two)
Would like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within walking
distance. Thanks for your help E.K.
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

E.K. Newsgroup Acct wrote:
Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near the
passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those two)
Would like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within walking
distance. Thanks for your help E.K.

Our first choice when we have enough Hilton points is the Embassy
Suites. They have a very good, free, breakfast buffet, made to order
eggs etc. and the suites are very comfortable. There are lots of very
good restaurants very close by, plus shopping center, drug stores and
supermarket all just a short walk.

sue
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"E.K. Newsgroup Acct" wrote in message
m...
Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near the
passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those two) Would
like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within walking distance.
Thanks for your help E.K.

Marriott Harbor Beach is relatively close to the terminal. And it's a short
walk from the water taxi that you can take to Las Olas Blvd or other places.

--Tom

Old January 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

On 1/7/2010 5:20 PM, Sue Mullen wrote:

E.K. Newsgroup Acct wrote:
Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near
the passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those
two) Would like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within
walking distance. Thanks for your help E.K.

Our first choice when we have enough Hilton points is the Embassy
Suites. They have a very good, free, breakfast buffet, made to order
eggs etc. and the suites are very comfortable. There are lots of very
good restaurants very close by, plus shopping center, drug stores and
supermarket all just a short walk.

sue

And don't forget the free "manager's reception" every evening. I have
watched that change over the past many years from a once civilized
cocktail hour to an attitude of "get all the free booze you can in the
time allotted. But, I still think it's a nice perk.

Marsha
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"E.K. Newsgroup Acct" wrote in message
m...
Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near the
passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those two) Would
like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within walking distance.
Thanks for your help E.K.

While not a Hilton itself or even an Embassy Suites, I use the Hampton Inn
Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port. Has free shuttle to and from the
airport and hotel and also the cruise terminal and hotel. Others charge a
fee. As a matter of fact I am staying there tomorrow night on Hilton
Honors points and then again after my cruise next Sunday night the 17th.

Old January 8th, 2010, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

LVTravel wrote:

"E.K. Newsgroup Acct" wrote in message
m...
Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near
the passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those
two) Would like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within
walking distance. Thanks for your help E.K.

While not a Hilton itself or even an Embassy Suites, I use the Hampton
Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port. Has free shuttle to and
from the airport and hotel and also the cruise terminal and hotel.
Others charge a fee. As a matter of fact I am staying there tomorrow
night on Hilton Honors points and then again after my cruise next Sunday
night the 17th.

It is still a Hilton property. Are there any restaurants within walking
distance?

sue
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

LVTravel wrote:

"E.K. Newsgroup Acct" wrote in message
m...
Could someone recommend either a Hilton or Marriott chain hotel near the
passenger terminal in Ft Lauderdale? (We have points for those two)
Would like one with good restaurants and/or shopping within walking
distance. Thanks for your help E.K.

While not a Hilton itself or even an Embassy Suites, I use the Hampton
Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port. Has free shuttle to and
from the airport and hotel and also the cruise terminal and hotel.
Others charge a fee. As a matter of fact I am staying there tomorrow
night on Hilton Honors points and then again after my cruise next Sunday
night the 17th.

It is still a Hilton property. Are there any restaurants within walking
distance?

sue

Yes, Hampton Inns are part of the Hilton chain. (Sorry about the joke I
tried to make but when I stay at a non-Hilton condo property or hotel with
my grandkids I tell them that so they won't expect too much as they are used
to staying in my Hilton Grand Vacations Timeshare in Orlando.)

While the Hampton Inn does offer a continental breakfast (similar to most of
the cheaper chain hotels) it does not serve dinner or lunch. There are some
restaurants in the neighborhood and while I haven't tried this with this
Hampton Inn most of them will do a drop-off and pickup at a restaurant if it
isn't too much out of the way when they do their regular run to and from the
airport. A simple phone call usually suffices to find out this pertinent
information. The hotel's number is: 954-524-9900.

These are the restaurants they say are in the area and there are probably
mo
Chuck's Steakhouse
Bravo's Italian
Georgio's
Carlos N Pepes
Bimini Boatyard
Outback Steakhouse

Old January 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

We stayed at the gallery One on Sunrise in Ft Lauderdale it is a
doubletree family
it was lovely and walking distance to the galleria Mall-
Each room is a suite

Susette
Cruise outlets and travel
833 Kings Hwy Woodbury, NJ
www.cruiseoutlets.com
800 853 9515
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

LVTravel wrote:

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

LVTravel wrote:

[...]

Thanks will check it out before we make our Oct. reservation.

sue
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Susette wrote:
We stayed at the gallery One on Sunrise in Ft Lauderdale it is a
doubletree family
it was lovely and walking distance to the galleria Mall-
Each room is a suite

Another one worth checking out.

Since Kevin isn't traveling for business anymore, we have to make a
Hilton property reservation soon or lose his points.

sue