Are The Dutch Like This?

Old June 21st, 2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Are The Dutch Like This?

When I got a haircut in The Netherlands I was amazed. In the US every
single haircut I have ever had took no longer than 15-20 minutes. In
The Netherlands it took an hour. Not because the haircutter was slow
but because of his careful, precision cutting. He spent 15 minutes just
cutting out my ears! The question I have is: I think I saw this type of
quality workmanship all over the country. Am I right about this? Is
this true about The Netherlands? The people seem to be so happy in
their work, no matter what it is. The Dutch are like this?

Old June 21st, 2006, 11:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

" wrote in
oups.com:

When I got a haircut in The Netherlands I was amazed. In the US every
single haircut I have ever had took no longer than 15-20 minutes. In
The Netherlands it took an hour. Not because the haircutter was slow
but because of his careful, precision cutting. He spent 15 minutes just
cutting out my ears! The question I have is: I think I saw this type of
quality workmanship all over the country. Am I right about this? Is
this true about The Netherlands? The people seem to be so happy in
their work, no matter what it is. The Dutch are like this?

You will find that your experience woud be repeated in most of europe.
While my wife and I struggle to find someone with basic skills in the US we
have never had a bad cut in France, Austria, Belgium or Italy.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Yeah that is the way !

In Italy its even better

And in Turkey they even give u a massage

I live in Florida now as a dutch guy and i did NOT find a good hairdresser
yet

They are all cheaper than in Holland but the work is bad !

Peter Luiijf
Plantation Florida

oups.com...

Old June 22nd, 2006, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 21 Jun 2006 14:50:06 -0700, "
wrote:

When I got a haircut in The Netherlands I was amazed. In the US every
single haircut I have ever had took no longer than 15-20 minutes. In
The Netherlands it took an hour. Not because the haircutter was slow
but because of his careful, precision cutting. He spent 15 minutes just
cutting out my ears! The question I have is: I think I saw this type of
quality workmanship all over the country. Am I right about this? Is
this true about The Netherlands? The people seem to be so happy in
their work, no matter what it is. The Dutch are like this?

Woo hoo, I'm the first to reply to this to-be-extended thread.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

James Silverton wrote:

I've never had a haircut in Holland but how much did it cost
you? About the lowest price I've seen around here is USD14 for a
15 minute haircut.

James Silverton.
Potomac, Maryland

It is US$11 here for a 30 minute haircut, mostly with scissors, minimal
use of the electric shears. Some barber shops are a dollar or two
cheaper.
--
wf.
Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 21 Jun 2006 14:50:06 -0700, "
wrote:

When I got a haircut in The Netherlands I was amazed. In the US every
single haircut I have ever had took no longer than 15-20 minutes. In
The Netherlands it took an hour. Not because the haircutter was slow
but because of his careful, precision cutting. He spent 15 minutes just
cutting out my ears! The question I have is: I think I saw this type of
quality workmanship all over the country. Am I right about this? Is
this true about The Netherlands? The people seem to be so happy in
their work, no matter what it is. The Dutch are like this?

Getting a good haircut in the US is hard. The cheap joints just dole
out the 10-minute hatchet job for $12. The fancy joints dole out a
30-minute metrosexual job for $50. I was recently advised to see a
woman who works at a medium-quality chain called Regis. I drove out
and asked for her and got a great haircut for $30.

I once got a haircut in Bournemouth, England. That was a really good
cut, delivered by some gay guy who had the sense to give me an easily
managed cut without making me look like a metrosexual. The cut was
affordable (can't recall the price), but the parking ticket I got from
the city of Bournemouth was £65!!!

Oh, well. :0(

- TR
- helping Brits enjoy city services.

Old June 22nd, 2006, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

" wrote:

When I got a haircut in The Netherlands I was amazed. In the US every
single haircut I have ever had took no longer than 15-20 minutes. In
The Netherlands it took an hour. Not because the haircutter was slow
but because of his careful, precision cutting. He spent 15 minutes just
cutting out my ears! The question I have is: I think I saw this type of
quality workmanship all over the country. Am I right about this? Is
this true about The Netherlands? The people seem to be so happy in
their work, no matter what it is. The Dutch are like this?

With the typical Dutchmen it takes longer to find their hair. You're lucky
he didn't charge you extra for having a full head of hair to cut.
:-)

Old June 22nd, 2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

randee wrote on Wed, 21 Jun 2006 18:27:30 -0600:

r James Silverton wrote:
??
?? I've never had a haircut in Holland but how much did it
?? cost you? About the lowest price I've seen around here is
?? USD14 for a 15 minute haircut.
??
?? James Silverton.
?? Potomac, Maryland

r It is US$11 here for a 30 minute haircut, mostly with
r scissors, minimal use of the electric shears. Some barber
r shops are a dollar or two cheaper.

Sorry, I can't tell from your post where "here" is. How can a
person make a decent living, allowing for shop costs, with
what's left from under USD20 an hour?

James Silverton.