Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

Old January 16th, 2008, 05:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Fort Lauderdale to Miami...

I am debating between taking a flight into Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
The ticket to FLL is $120 cheaper. If I take a taxi I'd lose my
savings on the extra fare. What is the cheapest way to get from the
FLL airport to South Beach? I have read multiple threads on this but
the problem is that I'm traveling alone so I wouldn't be able to split
a shuttle with anyone. Are there any public shuttles that go back and
fourth taking whoever is there? What other options do I have and
worst case, how much more would it cost to take a taxi from FLL
instead of Miami?
Old January 16th, 2008, 07:07 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John L

Are there any public shuttles that go back and forth taking whoever
is there? What other options do I have and worst case, how much more
would it cost to take a taxi from FLL instead of Miami?

This company offers shared ride limos for a reasonable $18 to South
Beach.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

Old January 16th, 2008, 02:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

"John L" wrote:
Are there any public shuttles that go back and forth taking
whoeveris there? What other options do I have and worst
case, how much more would it cost to take a taxi from FLL
instead of Miami?

This company offers shared ride limos for a reasonable $18
to South Beach. www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

I like that option. Another would be to rent a car and drop it
at a local lot. Commonly, drops between FLL and Miami do
not incur a surcharge. I've done that with National before.

Old January 16th, 2008, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

I checked that out, seems like a really good deal. I'm just wondering
how long their rides really are with all the other drop offs. It
estimates 2 hours on their site for what should be a 45 min drive.
They said that is just an estimate, but that would be my only concern
is if it actually took 2 hours to south beach.

Old January 16th, 2008, 08:17 PM posted to rec.travel.air
me[_5_]

On Jan 16, 12:53*pm, wrote:
On Jan 16, 1:07*am, (John L) wrote:

Are there any public shuttles that go back and forth taking whoever
is there? *What other options do I have and worst case, how much more
would it cost to take a taxi from FLL instead of Miami?

This company offers shared ride limos for a reasonable $18 to South
Beach.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html-

I checked that out, seems like a really good deal. I'm just wondering
how long their rides really are with all the other drop offs. It
estimates 2 hours on their site for what should be a 45 min drive.
They said that is just an estimate, but that would be my only concern
is if it actually took 2 hours to south beach.

You're talking about taking an additional hour to save $100. Do
you
make $100/hr?
Old January 16th, 2008, 11:00 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Chilly8

wrote in message
I am debating between taking a flight into Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
The ticket to FLL is $120 cheaper. If I take a taxi I'd lose my
savings on the extra fare. What is the cheapest way to get from the
FLL airport to South Beach? I have read multiple threads on this but

Rent a car and drive. Its the fastest and easiet.

Old January 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

me wrote:

On Jan 16, 12:53 pm, wrote:

On Jan 16, 1:07 am, (John L) wrote:

Are there any public shuttles that go back and forth taking whoever
is there? What other options do I have and worst case, how much more
would it cost to take a taxi from FLL instead of Miami?

This company offers shared ride limos for a reasonable $18 to South
Beach.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html-

I checked that out, seems like a really good deal. I'm just wondering
how long their rides really are with all the other drop offs. It
estimates 2 hours on their site for what should be a 45 min drive.
They said that is just an estimate, but that would be my only concern
is if it actually took 2 hours to south beach.

You're talking about taking an additional hour to save $100. Do
you
make $100/hr?

It would be a round trip, wouldn't it? So, that would be $50 per hour.

Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

wrote:
I am debating between taking a flight into Miami or Fort Lauderdale.
The ticket to FLL is $120 cheaper. If I take a taxi I'd lose my
savings on the extra fare. What is the cheapest way to get from the
FLL airport to South Beach?

The cheapest would be the TriRail shuttle from the airport to the
Tri-Rail station, then Broward County Transit Route 4 from the Fort
Lauderdale Airport Tri-Rail station to North Miami Beach (or Golden
Beach) and switch to Miami-Dade bus K to South Beach. I'm sure that this
would take at least two and a half hours. On the plus side, most of the
route is down A1A, so at least it's interesting (if you've not seen it
all before).

http://www.broward.org/bct/pdfs/rt4.pdf
http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/trans...routes/111.pdf

Also see "http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html" I've never used
them, but it seems similar to Super Shuttle, and it's $18 not including tip.

Are there any public shuttles that go back and fourth taking whoever is there? What other options do I have and
worst case, how much more would it cost to take a taxi from FLL
instead of Miami?

If you arrive early in the morning on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, you
can take the water taxi from downtown Fort Lauderdale to South Beach for
$22. See
"http://watertaxi.com/Event/DisplayDetail.Asp?ID=250&EventID=250&TemplateID=1& ContentEntityID=128"

how much more would it cost to take a taxi from FLL
instead of Miami?

A lot. It's very far. $75 minimum.