Nice beach recommendation

Old October 28th, 2004, 02:33 PM
DaveOnHols

Hi!

I spent four months in Asia last summer and saw some really great
beaches, but the most beautiful one by far was at the Perhentian
Islands on the East Coast of Malaysia. The sand is great and the
water crystal clear. There is really great diving and snorkelling as
well, I was lucky enough to see a turtle during my time there, amongst
other amazing sights.

My accomodation options were quite different to yours but there
definately was a high end resort or two available as well, so I think
a destination you should consider.

Some pictures of Perhentian and the rest of Malaysia and other
countries that I visited in Asia are at my web site:

http://www.daveonhols.co.uk/malaysia.htm

Hope this helps
DaveOnHols
Old October 29th, 2004, 03:48 AM

Some pictures of Perhentian and the rest of Malaysia and other
countries that I visited in Asia are at my web site:

http://www.daveonhols.co.uk/malaysia.htm

Wow that really is pretty area!

Does it cost much to travel there?
Old October 29th, 2004, 06:58 PM
DaveOnHols

Glad you liked the pictures! It really is a pretty area. To be
honest it is even nicer than the pictures show!

The only expensive part is flying out to Malaysia, so I guess you will
have to ask you local travel agent about that. The capital is Kuala
Lumpur, from there I went by train which was cheap but I think for a
bit more you can fly not direct to the island but to a near by city
and then catch a boat from there. Transport is generally very cheap
in Malaysia and living expenses too. As for accomodation, when I was
on these islands I was on a budget (backpacking) so it was really
cheap, 60MYR (Malaysian Ringets) per night for a double room, which is
around 7 or 8 USD if memory serves correctly.

However, this does not actually get you something very nice on the
island itself (the Perhentian Islands have some of the worst value
accomodation I have ever seen, particularly in comparison to the rest
of Malaysia) so it is better go a bit more upmarket. I think if you
search on the internet you can find the resorts and their pricing on
line. It is really worth it though as the area is really beautiful
and to spoil it by staying in a run down beach shack (that was my
mistake) would be a real waste! For one or two hundred MYR I expect
you could get something reeeaaaally nice!

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
DaveOnHols

Old October 30th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Boracay Bill

"Leiv" wrote in message . es...
Hi all,
Can you please recommend me a nice beach for a 8 day travel from Europe?

requisites:

- Beautiful beach (white and clean sand, palm trees, transparent water)
- Deluxe hotel / resort (something like hillton or similar) and no more than
300 USD per night.
- Beaches with few people, not a massive destination.
- Possible for a 7 - 8 days travel from Europe

Thanks
MAP

Well, here's a few Boracay Island hotels in decending order by price

http://www.namiboracay.com/
http://www.fridaysboracay.com/main.htm
http://www.boracayregency.com/
and much further down the scale