Orlando airport to Port Canaveral travel time

Old April 20th, 2007, 03:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom[_3_]

Default Orlando airport to Port Canaveral travel time

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the pier?
It seems a little over 30 minutes for Miami cruises and a little under 30
minutes for Ft. Lauderdale cruises. Someone was telling me it takes close
to 90 minutes for Port Canaveral. Is this true?
Thanks
Tom

Old April 20th, 2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rog'

"Tom" wrote:
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the
pier?
Someone was telling me it takes close to 90 minutes for Port
Canaveral.

Its 46 miles straight down the Bee-Line Expressway from MCO to the
port, which means 46 minutes at 60mph (less at 80 mph). Add to that
14 minutes to find your pier and park for a total of 60 minutes driving.
BUT if you may want to allow 30 minutes to transit from the arrival gate
to the front door of the terminal... that could make it about 90
minutes.

Old April 20th, 2007, 03:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom wrote:
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the pier?
It seems a little over 30 minutes for Miami cruises and a little under 30
minutes for Ft. Lauderdale cruises. Someone was telling me it takes close
to 90 minutes for Port Canaveral. Is this true?

The trip from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral was 40 or 50
minutes. It has been a long time so I don't recall exactly, but it was
no where near an hour or more.

sue
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Apr 19, 10:21 pm, "Tom" wrote:
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from the airport to the pier?
It seems a little over 30 minutes for Miami cruises and a little under 30
minutes for Ft. Lauderdale cruises. Someone was telling me it takes close
to 90 minutes for Port Canaveral. Is this true?

Check online maps. Miami and Ft Lauderdale airports are just a few
miles from their ports. But Port Canaveral is a long way from
Orlando, even though it's straight down a highway.

When we took Disney last fall, it was the first time that I felt it
was easier & safer to fly in the night before with my family.
Probably overkill, but it took away any anxiety about missed flights,
traffic messes, etc. I rented a car and stayed next to the port in
(I think) Embassy Suites or similar.

Cheers, Kev

Old April 20th, 2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Its 46 miles straight down the Bee-Line Expressway from MCO to the
port, which means 46 minutes at 60mph (less at 80 mph).

For what it's worth, the speed limit on the B Line is 70 mph. On a
good traffic day you can make the trip in about 35 minutes, not
counting parking/airport hassle time. If there's an accident or a
wildfire, though, anything goes.

Old April 26th, 2007, 06:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PaulSandman

--

Tom,
It takes about 45 minutes from the entrance ramp of SR528 at MCO to

You can find my service at http://shuttlesinorlando.com
Paul Sandman

Old April 27th, 2007, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

On Apr 20, 1:36 am, wrote:

When we took Disney last fall, it was the first time that I felt it
was easier & safer to fly in the night before with my family.
Probably overkill, but it took away any anxiety about missed flights,
traffic messes, etc.

Not overkill at all. I think you'll find that most veteran cruisers on
rtc fly in a day early and would recommend this for everyone.

Lee