My Dream Cruise - Does It Exist?

Old February 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Poncholiner

Default My Dream Cruise - Does It Exist?

I want to cruise from New York City, transit the Panama Canal, and disembark
in Seattle.

Is there such a cruise? I've seen cruises from Miami to San Diego or Los
Angeles.

I figure I might be able to book a re-positioning ship that worked New York
to Bermuda or New England and moves to Seattle for the Summer Alaska
sailings.

I told my wife if we could book such a lengthy cruise, it would probably be
our last, as we would have seen most everything there is to see on the East
Coast, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, the Canal, and up the
West Coast. Maybe Ray or one of the other agents on this newsgroup can give
me some details.

Miami to Seattle wouldn't be bad either, but Miami to San Diego just won't
cut it.

Old February 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Poncholiner wrote:
I want to cruise from New York City, transit the Panama Canal, and
disembark in Seattle.

Is there such a cruise? I've seen cruises from Miami to San Diego or
Los Angeles.

I figure I might be able to book a re-positioning ship that worked New
York to Bermuda or New England and moves to Seattle for the Summer
Alaska sailings.

I told my wife if we could book such a lengthy cruise, it would probably
be our last, as we would have seen most everything there is to see on
the East Coast, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, the
Canal, and up the West Coast. Maybe Ray or one of the other agents on
this newsgroup can give me some details.

Miami to Seattle wouldn't be bad either, but Miami to San Diego just
won't cut it.

I found these at vacationstogo.com There are also some HAL cruises from
NY to LA.

22 days departing April 21, 2007 on Holland America's Noordam
also 22 days departing April 24, 2008 to May 16th on Holland America's
Amsterdam

New York, Fort Lauderdale, Cartagena, Panama Canal, Puntarenas, Puerto
Ciapas, Huatulco, Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Los Angeles, Victoria,
Vancouver, Seattle

Old February 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Proveniebam

On Feb 12, 11:47 am, "Poncholiner" wrote:
I want to cruise from New York City, transit the Panama Canal, and disembark
in Seattle.

Is there such a cruise? I've seen cruises from Miami to San Diego or Los
Angeles.

I figure I might be able to book a re-positioning ship that worked New York
to Bermuda or New England and moves to Seattle for the Summer Alaska
sailings.

I told my wife if we could book such a lengthy cruise, it would probably be
our last, as we would have seen most everything there is to see on the East
Coast, Bahamas, Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, the Canal, and up the
West Coast. Maybe Ray or one of the other agents on this newsgroup can give
me some details.

Miami to Seattle wouldn't be bad either, but Miami to San Diego just won't
cut it.

Basically three ships: Holland America Noordam or Holland America
Amsterdam or Cunard's Queen Victoria.

18 days departing April 21, 2007 on
Holland America's Noordam
or go onto Vancouver and thence a 30 minute flight to Seattle.

17 days departing January 13, 2008 on
Cunard's Queen Victoria

20 days departing April 27, 2007 on
Holland America's Amsterdam

Old February 12th, 2007, 10:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Poncholiner

"Ermalee" wrote in message
Poncholiner wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info. We are planning the cruise for 2008. This year is
booked with road trips.
I'll check the Holland America website. I figure a cruise on the QE2 would
be quite expensive.
We always cruise with outside cabin and balcony. With Holland America
headquartered in Seattle, you would think there would be some repositioning
cruises. We used to live just south of Seattle, so on to Vancouver would be
an option as we could rent a car and drive down to Seattle and visit with
old friends and sneak a peek at our old house.

Old February 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Poncholiner

"Proveniebam" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Any further info on 2008 cruises would be helpful. I'll keep checking the
Holland America website. Cunard may be too expensive for our budget.

Old February 13th, 2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Proveniebam

On Feb 12, 5:13 pm, "Poncholiner" wrote:
[...]

Holland America website. Cunard may be too expensive for our budget.- Hide quoted text -

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/hal/...al08/index.php

Old February 14th, 2007, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Poncholiner

"Proveniebam" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Thanks. That was terrific. Would be great if all cruise lines did that.
Makes it easy to see what's available and even some history thrown in.

Looks like the April cruise for us based upon pricing and ports. Would like
to embark in New York though and do the whole enchilada, but what the hey.

Old February 15th, 2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Proveniebam

On Feb 14, 5:55 pm, "Poncholiner" wrote:
"Proveniebam" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Feb 12, 5:13 pm, "Poncholiner" wrote:
"Proveniebam" wrote in message

groups.com...

[...]

to embark in New York though and do the whole enchilada, but what the hey.- Hide quoted text -

you're welcome.