Ryanair vs. easyJet Booking

Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bartc

Default Ryanair vs. easyJet Booking

Have just booked a flight with easyJet after years of using only Ryanair
(for European trips).

And I have to say it was a pleasure compared with Ryanair. The outward and
return flights were both £43, and the total fare, without hold baggage, was
£86! The only extra was a £3 debit card fee.

A similar journey with Ryanair, with fares of £20 and £30, would have come
to £122, not the £50 you might expect if you're not familiar with this
airline. This includes a £10 debit card fee, which is an obvious scam as
it's charged /per passenger/ so can't bear any relation to the actual
transaction cost (can't remember if easyJet was per booking or not).

I decided to book hold baggage and even here it was only £16 for 20Kg,
against Ryanair's £20 for 15Kg! Plus you can check in at the airport without
any extra cost. The Ryanair 'fares' would have needed to be £6 each way to
end up with the same total.

*And* the return flight is, conveniently, just after lunch (not a ridiculous
6.30am or an exhausting 11pm).

(And no, I don't work for easyJet, and of course I haven't travelled just
yet so don't know what that part is like. But so far I like it.)

--
Bart

Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"BartC" wrote in message
om...

Have just booked a flight with easyJet after years of using only Ryanair
(for European trips).

easyJet is 1,000 times superior to Ryanair. You are well-treated by
pleasant, efficient staff rather than kicked around by rude incompetents.

Do go for the speedy boarding option, though. Worth every penny, I reckon.

Ian

Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Michael[_1_]

Ian F. wrote:
"BartC" wrote in message
om...

Have just booked a flight with easyJet after years of using only Ryanair
(for European trips).

easyJet is 1,000 times superior to Ryanair. You are well-treated by
pleasant, efficient staff rather than kicked around by rude incompetents.

Do go for the speedy boarding option, though. Worth every penny, I reckon.

Ian

I've used both and Easyjet is indeed the less irritating experience overall.

http://www.cannes-or-bust.com/
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

Michael wrote:
Ian F. wrote:
"BartC" wrote in message
om...

Have just booked a flight with easyJet after years of using only Ryanair
(for European trips).

easyJet is 1,000 times superior to Ryanair. You are well-treated by
pleasant, efficient staff rather than kicked around by rude incompetents.

Do go for the speedy boarding option, though. Worth every penny, I
reckon.

Ian

I've used both and Easyjet is indeed the less irritating experience
overall.

A friend is considering using Aer Arann - any opinions on their service?
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

"BartC" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I think you just got lucky on the last point.

All of the LCCs have the same model of "first flight out at 06:30 and last
one back at 23:00" so some destinations have to take this hit, can't be
avoided

tim

Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:01:33 +0200, Runge16 wrote:
rec.travel.air

plonk

"tim....." a ?crit dans le message de

om...

Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Michael[_1_]

S Viemeister wrote:
Michael wrote:
Ian F. wrote:
"BartC" wrote in message
om...

Have just booked a flight with easyJet after years of using only
Ryanair
(for European trips).

easyJet is 1,000 times superior to Ryanair. You are well-treated by
pleasant, efficient staff rather than kicked around by rude
incompetents.

Do go for the speedy boarding option, though. Worth every penny, I
reckon.

Ian

I've used both and Easyjet is indeed the less irritating experience
overall.

A friend is considering using Aer Arann - any opinions on their service?

Haven't used them. But if you're flying to the Arann Islands, you don't
have much choice!

Besides, I have a principle of trying anything once.

http://www.cannes-or-bust.com/
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

Michael wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
A friend is considering using Aer Arann - any opinions on their service?

Haven't used them. But if you're flying to the Arann Islands, you don't
have much choice!

Well, the trip in question was Dublin-Inverness.

Besides, I have a principle of trying anything once.

Hmmm...