KLM

Old March 12th, 2004, 05:37 PM
rome

Default KLM

Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Old March 12th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Markku Grönroos

"rome" wrote in message
Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Good unless you travel to Tenerife on a foggy day.

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Jost Ammon

Markku Grönroos wrote:

"rome" wrote in message
Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Good unless you travel to Tenerife on a foggy day.

Same is true for PanAm I guess.

--
He who opens the windows invites the bugs in
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"rome" wrote in message
Any comments, good or bad, flying KLM?

Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.
Gerrit

Old March 13th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground staff--couldn't be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

Old March 13th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message
Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground staff--couldn't

be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run

into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

My experiences and those of family members have all been at Schiphol, over
at least 5 occasions, none of them good!
We try and steer clear of them.
Gerrit - Oz

Old March 13th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
. au...

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message
Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground

staff--couldn't
be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run

into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

My experiences and those of family members have all been at Schiphol, over
at least 5 occasions, none of them good!
We try and steer clear of them.

In what way experiences have been not so good ? For one and the same reason
or for different reasons ? You seem to be loyal to visiting the airport
anyways.

Old March 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

[...]

Hey, when you have relatives living in the country you tend to go to the
main airport there, so we are almost stuck with it. Next month we are trying
something different. Flying from Perth to Paris and picking up a lease
Renault there and driving to Vlissingen. Hopefully that is better.
We have flown into Schiphol usually with Malaysian which has a code share
with KLM and they use KLM's checkin staff. These have been pretty
incompetent, eg taking much longer over simple checkins than elsewhere, the
staff have been rude and generally unhelpful. Once we were flying AMS to
Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi, and then after a week there Langkawi - Perth, they
tried to book us AMS - PER - Langkawi and although I tried to tell her she
was doing it wrong, wouldn't listen and took about half an hour to sort it
all out, meanwhile muttering under her breath abouth about people who travel
out of the ordinairy (I didn't think I was but still). And when it was
sorted out tried to blame us!

Gerrit

Old March 14th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Stan de SD

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
. au...

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message
Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground

staff--couldn't
be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run

into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

My experiences and those of family members have all been at Schiphol, over
at least 5 occasions, none of them good!

I had a great experience with the ground staff at Schiphol. Was traveling
with some associates on a business trip and we were ticketed AMS-LAX in
55A-B-C (I was the double-unlucky one in the middle). I tried out a little
of my Dutch with the ground staff, and just when we were getting ready to
head to the gate, the agent asked if I would be more comfortable moving - to
1-J! No legroom problems at all, as there's nobody in front of you, and
nobody to your side. Had 2 drinks before we left, set the seat fully
horizontal after takeoff, and snoozed for most of the flight. Wish every
cross-the-pont trip was like that. :O)

Old March 14th, 2004, 06:55 PM
RPG

"Stan de SD" wrote in
hlink.net:

I had a great experience with the ground staff at Schiphol. Was
traveling with some associates on a business trip and we were ticketed
AMS-LAX in 55A-B-C (I was the double-unlucky one in the middle). I
tried out a little of my Dutch with the ground staff, and just when we
were getting ready to head to the gate, the agent asked if I would be
more comfortable moving - to 1-J!

Yes, if you are (or at least speak) Dutch, that makes a huge difference in
KLM service.