advice on accomodation

Old November 21st, 2003, 07:41 PM
BlokeDownPub

Default advice on accomodation

Hi, myself and my wife are heading to South africa next week and are looking
for some advice on accomodation.

We arrive in joburg. Our first night is in the lesedi cultural village, and
then we've got to find accomodation for one other night before heading to
sun city.

We also need accomodation for one night very near joburg airport.

Lastly, any thoughts of accomodation for Cape town, as we're going to be
there for 10 nights.

All we're asking of the accomodation is that it's clean. We certainly don't
need frills as we're not intending to be spending much time there during the
day.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Gav.

Old November 22nd, 2003, 10:33 PM
BrigieDarling

Originally posted by Blokedownpub

[...]

Gav I know someone who is from SA... I will ask them to come and try to
help you out!

Old November 24th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Nico van der Dussen

Hi,

try www.velocitour.com

Regards

Nico

Old November 25th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Wazanexpat

Hi - I was asked by Bridgie to help out, so I hope this little lot is
of some use!

Lesedi is about 30-45 mins drive from Sun City; In the Hartbeespoort Dam
area there are some very nice guest houses (these are private houses
where the owners let a room for the night, all quite reasonable), as
well as a very nice place (speaking from experience!) just nestling in
the Magaliesburg range, Mount Grace:

http://www.grace.co.za/mount_grace/

Though it is probably not somewhere you'd stay for just an overnight,
as well as the fact that when we stayed it was about R1200 for the
weekend for the both of us in "Thatchstone village" - the prices have
really gone up!

I would recommend you have a look at this website:

http://www.guesthouseassociation.co.za/

It covers all the provinces of South Africa and is pretty comprehensive.
My wife suggests that the best thing to do if you are staying in Cape
Town for ten nights would be to rent a house (self catering) as this
would be better value for money than ten nights guest house or hotel
accomodation. We are going to Cape Town in February and have been
checking out places too, these are some of the better sites:

http://www.sa-venues.com/self_catering_nationwide.htm

http://www.capestay.co.za/

http://www.cape-venues.co.za/

http://www.allcapeaccommodation.com/

http://www.wheretostay.co.za/

Anywhere that is right in Cape Town is going to be pretty expensive
because of the tourist convenience factor, but you also don't want to
stay too far out.

Also, if you have a copy of the lonely planet guide for South Africa, be
aware that it can be a bit too "Politically Correct", so keep a sensible
head on while travelling around.

Hope this is of some help, any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,

Paul.

Old November 26th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Kjell Johnsen

BlokeDownPub wrote:

Hi, myself and my wife are heading to South africa next week and are looking
for some advice on accomodation.

[snip]
Lastly, any thoughts of accomodation for Cape town, as we're going to be
there for 10 nights.

All we're asking of the accomodation is that it's clean. We certainly don't
need frills as we're not intending to be spending much time there during the
day.

We recently stayed at The Oak Lodge in Breda Street
(www.oaklodge.co.za), and can recommend it warmly. They have dorm beds
and rooms in separate flats. Very nice people, both staff and owner.
Quite cheap as well (as far as we could tell).

Good luck

Kjell Johnsen
Norway
Old November 27th, 2003, 07:35 AM
bidbud

Hi

Take a look at our great accommodation deals in these popular cities.
For good quality, affordable accommodation go to ]www.for-
rent.co.za[/url] Whether you want a self catering apartment in Sandton,
Johannesburg or on the beach in Cape Town we can accommodate you.

Regards

Pamela

www.for-rent.co.za

--