Travel Advice Wanted

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

Default Travel Advice Wanted

If I go to Europe, are there any places where I can watch nazis marching
down the street, knights on horseback being shot with crossbows, or royal
executions? Are there canals in Venice where maidens in silk robes dive
into the canal to retrieve pearls? Are there churches that are at least
1000 meters tall? How about oil paintings that are worth at least $10
trillion, statues of naked men taking a ****, or a statue of the virgin mary
that cries and makes Catholics scratch themselves bloody in religious
frenzy? Are there volcanoes that bury Italian cities at 3PM every day, or
the Irish alps that require oxygen masks to climb, or blimps made out of
Swiss cheese that fly over the Grand Mosques of France?

Unless there are better attractions in Asia. Are there any airports where
levitating monks give rides on flying carpets? Are there live harakiri
shows at 3PM every day, or airlines that serve dog brain sushi? Are there
places where I can watch starving children with Bausch & Lomb Eye
Infections, elephants destroying Indian villages, or Muslims blowing up
nightclubs with lots of white people in it? How about the world's tallest
skyscraper on top of Everest, Buddhist temples built out of human bones, or
Asians with 3 eyes singing karaoke?

But would there be more fun in North America, where I can watch herds of
buffalo blocking highways? Are there regularly scheduled school massacres,
or the Statue of Liberty being blown up at 3PM every day? How about Mexican
illegal immigrants in holocaust camps, Canadians throwing spears at polar
bears, or McDonalds that serve Improvised Explosive Devices? Is there a
subway that goes from New York to LA, or a place to watch Hurricane Katrina
victims swim across the misipipi, or whatever it's called? Are there cities
where religious police arrest anyone carrying a science textbook? Or
helicopter tours piloted by Mrs. Bush? Are there sushi bars in Hollywood
where Tom Cruise chops up babies, or places in the Grand Canyon where
Cowboys and Indians have shootouts? Can I watch a KKK cross burning, or get
a free nuclear weapon keychain? Are there Wal-mart stores that sell
starving homeless children?

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.travel.misc

skeptic wrote:
[...]

And you're an asshole.