ticket price question

Old October 19th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Charlie C.

Default ticket price question

If you buy tickets at one price (discounted fair) and then a few weeks later
see that the price for the same ticket on the same flight is about $50.00
cheaper, is it possible to get the difference refunded? Or are you stuck
with the ticket you paid for?

Thanks,

Charlie
Old October 19th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
"Charlie C." wrote:

If you buy tickets at one price (discounted fair) and then a few weeks later
see that the price for the same ticket on the same flight is about $50.00
cheaper, is it possible to get the difference refunded? Or are you stuck
with the ticket you paid for?

Usually, you get a fare rollover or some such, in the form of $ vouchers
against future tickets. Be aware that certain fares such as internet
fares may not be eligible (for example, if it was an internet fare, you
can only get a refund on a cheaper web fare, and not on a published
fare, or v-v). In addition, the same, or cheaper, inventory on the
exact same flights has to be available.
Old October 19th, 2003, 06:36 AM
mrtravel

Charlie C. wrote:

If you buy tickets at one price (discounted fair) and then a few weeks later
see that the price for the same ticket on the same flight is about $50.00
cheaper, is it possible to get the difference refunded? Or are you stuck
with the ticket you paid for?

Ask the airline. It would depend.
I recently saw an airline ad indicating the special fare on sale was not
available for tickets already purchased.

Old October 19th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Mike Cordelli

Every airline is different, some will gladly refund you the money, others a
voucher for a future trip, others the money after the change fee is
deducted, some will laugh at you and say no. As far as I know, Delta is the
only one that states their policy in writing on their website, the others
you have to call and ask.

---start

Home Customer Care Frequently Asked Questions Travel FAQs
Refunds FAQs

Refunds FAQs
JavaScript may need to be enabled for this page to function properly.
See Delta's web compatibility statement for details on how to best view this
site.

Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about
refunds. If your question or comment has not been addressed, please feel
free to E-mail Us.

a.. Can I request a refund online?

b.. How long will it take to process my online refund request?

c.. I have applied for a refund. How do I check the status of my refund
request?

d.. How do I request a refund over the telephone or via mail?

e.. Can I refund my ticket at one of your ticket offices?

f.. I have a non-refundable ticket and will not be traveling. Can I obtain
a refund?

g.. If I have purchased a ticket and a new fare is introduced, can I
obtain a credit?

h.. How can I obtain a copy of my paper ticket for my records?

----

Can I request a refund online?
You can request a refund online by clicking Applying for a Refund if your
ticket meets the following criteria:

a.. Your ticket is an eticket (electronic ticket).
b.. Your eticket was purchased with a credit card.
c.. Your eticket was purchased with U.S. or Canadian currency.
d.. Your ticket was not obtained with a SkyMiles award.
e.. Your eticket number begins with 006 followed by 10 digits.
How long will it take to process my online refund request?
Once we receive your request for an eticket refund, it will be processed
within seven days. If approved, your refund will appear on your credit card
statement within one to two billing cycles.

I have applied for a refund. How do I check the status of my refund request?
To check the status of your refund, call 800-847-0578 within the U.S. or
Canada. Outside the U.S. and Canada or within Atlanta, Georgia, call
404-715-5417.
Return to Top

How do I request a refund over the telephone or via mail?
To request a refund for an refundable or unrestricted eticket purchased
with a credit card, call Delta Reservation Sales at 800-221-1212 within the
U.S. or Canada. For all other countries, click Worldwide Reservations
Numbers at the left to locate a number in your area.

You can submit your unused flight coupons/paper tickets by mail to the Delta
Passenger Refunds Department at the following addresses:

Via U.S. Postal Service:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Passenger Refunds
Post Office Box 20537
Atlanta, GA 30320-2537

Via Courier Service:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Passenger Refunds, Dept. 654
700 South Central Avenue
Hapeville, GA 30354

Return to Top

Can I refund my ticket at one of your ticket offices?
Yes, click Ticket Offices at the top left for a list of addresses.

I have a non-refundable ticket and will not be traveling. Can I obtain a
refund?
No, however, effective August 21, 2003, if you're holding a nonrefundable
ticket that allows changes, and travel is scheduled on or after August 21,
2003, you have one year from the ticket's original issue date to reschedule
your travel without losing the full value of the ticket (less any applicable
change fees).

a.. For domestic travel, tickets must be reissued and travel completed
within one year of the original ticket date.
b.. For international travel, tickets must be reissued to the same or
another international destination, and travel must begin within one year of
the original ticket date.
The exception to this rule would be death of the passenger, immediate family
member, or traveling companion. In this case, you will be required to
forward a copy of the death certificate to the Passenger Refunds Department
mailing address.

Return to Top

If I have purchased a ticket and a new fare is introduced, can I obtain a
credit?
Yes, in many cases you may obtain a credit voucher (non-refundable tickets)
or refund (refundable tickets) at any Delta airport ticket counter, City
Ticket Office location, or over the phone (etickets only) for the
difference in fare. A fee will apply for non-refundable tickets purchased
for international travel.

When we introduce new fares or reduce a current fare in a particular market,
you may change a ticket to the new fare if:

a.. the change is made prior to departure
b.. you do not change the flight, date, origin, destination or stopover
points
c.. reservations are confirmed in the appropriate class of service
d.. all fare restrictions are met
e.. the lower fare is not a special delta.com only fare
Any applicable penalties are retroactive to the new fare ticket.

. 4...