Ground Transportation Between Long Beach (LGB) and Los Angeles (LAX)

Old January 19th, 2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Ground Transportation Between Long Beach (LGB) and Los Angeles (LAX)

My wife is flying in to Long Beach on a Friday morning, arriving at
8am. I am flying in to LAX, arriving at 9:30. I am renting the car, and
since we are heading up north from there, I'd like her to meet me at or
near LAX so I don't have to drive down to Long Beach, then go right
back by LAX on my way up north. My question is, what is the most
economical way for her to get to LAX by ground on Friday morning around
8:30am? Shuttle, taxi, bus? And what kind of prices will I be looking
at? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Old January 19th, 2006, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air

In article om,
wrote:

My wife is flying in to Long Beach on a Friday morning, arriving at
8am. I am flying in to LAX, arriving at 9:30. I am renting the car, and
since we are heading up north from there, I'd like her to meet me at or
near LAX so I don't have to drive down to Long Beach, then go right
back by LAX on my way up north.

Why don't you have her pick up the rental car in Long Beach? She can then
drive to LAX and pick you up. Marginal cost might be zero, or even a net
savings, depending on the relative costs of rental cars at LGB and LAX.

If you need to be added as a driver, you can probably do that in LAX; have
her meet you at the LAX branch of whatever rental car company she rented the
car from in LGB.

--
Randy Hudson

Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Your query reflects the paucity of transportation in southern calif. i
still am amazed that there is no seamless transit link between LAX and
orange county. you either have to stagger to Long Beach to catch bus 1
down highway 1 or ride 19 miles to LA union station to catch a train to
orange county.