Some good news from South London: Road deaths outnumber gun and knife murders

Old February 11th, 2007, 10:12 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.politics.crime,uk.rec.driving,rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london
Hooch

Default Some good news from South London: Road deaths outnumber gun and knife murders

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:25:44 -0500, Frank Clarke
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:50:40 +0000, Hooch wrote:

For "South London", "Southwark", "Walworth" etc read "ethnically
diverse".

"Political Correctness" is the absurd notion that it's possible to pick up a
turd from the clean end.

Yes, but we mustn't blame the ethnically challenged for all of
society's ills.

Old February 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.driving,rec.travel.europe
Brimstone

Hooch wrote:
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:31:38 -0000, "Brimstone"
wrote:

Hooch wrote:
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 00:45:10 -0000, "Brimstone"
wrote:

"Hooch" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:30:41 +0100, Tom Peel
wrote:

In neighbouring Brixton
and Stockwell a massive 44.2 per cent of vehicles are not
insured. Safety campaigners say this is why 16.8 per cent of
people in Southwark and 13.7 per cent in Lambeth flee after a
crash.

This shows the weakness of the UK insurance system. In other
European countries, the vehicle is insured, not the driver, and
it is impossible to get number plates without an insurance
policy.

So what happens when you already have your number plates and you
let the insurance lapse?

AIUI there's an indicator on the plates to show the expiry date.

A sticker?

No.

You mean they have to change the plates annually, then?
Or what?

Those that I saw when in Germany had a small disc that was somehow locked
into the plate. I don't know the details.

Old February 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.rec.driving,rec.travel.europe
GeoffC

Brimstone wrote:

You mean they have to change the plates annually, then?
Or what?

Those that I saw when in Germany had a small disc that was somehow
locked into the plate. I don't know the details.

I think that is just an embossed seal validation from the issuing authority.
They don't expire AFAIK.
These folks seem to know a lot about them
http://www.german-number-plates.com/index
Dutch plates used to have a sticker for the MOT but they don't do that
anymore.

--

Geoff

Old March 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.politics.crime,uk.rec.driving,rec.travel.europe,uk.local.london
Abunazi

For "South London", "Southwark", "Walworth" etc read " ****in sarf London mate"