Roma Hotel Recommendation

Old March 16th, 2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
4Walls

Default Roma Hotel Recommendation

We will be in Rome for 2 nights in July. 2 adults and 2 late teens (16-18).
Would be interested in a Family room (quad) if it was of sufficient size or
two doubles - adjoining rooms would be ideal. Looking in the area of Trevi
/ Pantheon or maybe a little further south towards the Coloseum.

Recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel (3+ stars) would be
appreciated. Airport shuttle a bonus as we have a 9 am flight out.
Thanks!!

Old March 16th, 2007, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Neil Gillis

"4Walls" wrote in message
We will be in Rome for 2 nights in July. 2 adults and 2 late teens
(16-18). Would be interested in a Family room (quad) if it was of
sufficient size or two doubles - adjoining rooms would be ideal. Looking
in the area of Trevi / Pantheon or maybe a little further south towards
the Coloseum.

Recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel (3+ stars) would be
appreciated. Airport shuttle a bonus as we have a 9 am flight out.
Thanks!!
Go to http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/ and go to "Hotels". Also go to
http://slowtalk.com/groupee/ which are message boards for various
regions/countries. Read post on Italy and maybe consider joining and
posting to get specific info from others. Both websites provide a wealth
of information.

Neil

Old March 16th, 2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

4Walls wrote:
We will be in Rome for 2 nights in July. 2
adults and 2 late teens (16-18). Would be
interested in a Family room (quad) if it
was of sufficient size or two doubles -
adjoining rooms would be ideal. Looking
in the area of Trevi / Pantheon or maybe a
little further south towards the Coloseum.
Recommendations for a reasonably priced
hotel (3+ stars) would be appreciated.

Just across the street from the Roman Forum and midway between the
Colosseum and Piazza Venezia is the Hotel Romano www.hotelromano.com
It's a 2* but it has everything a 3* would have except breakfast is
served next door at a cafe.
The cafe is a typical Italian breakfast place with outdoor or indoor
seating.
You get a token for the free light b'fast which is coffee/tea, juice
and pastry but if you need more they have a nice assortment you can
purchase cheaply.
It is a very nice hotel with 12 of the 16 rooms having a nice view.
It is just as good or better than the 3* hotels in Italy I have stayed
at.
It would be 240e for 2 Double rooms in July.

Airport shuttle a bonus as we have a 9 am
flight out.

I doubt you will find very many hotels with *their* own Airport
shuttle, it's best to book it on your own.

A Mercedes and driver for 4 persons is 35e from this company
http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/Inglese_p.htm

http://www.limoservicerome.com is 51e for 4.
**I have used both companies and they are both good. Most others are
in the same price range as the latter but the 1st one is the cheapest
you will find anywhere in Rome.

Also try the Fodor's Forum
www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2
If you don't want to register to post just use the Search function to
look for quad hotels (like rome AND quad AND hotel) and click 'Italy' in
the 'pulldown'.
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old March 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
B Vaughan

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:23:19 -0500, "4Walls" wrote:

We will be in Rome for 2 nights in July. 2 adults and 2 late teens (16-18).
Would be interested in a Family room (quad) if it was of sufficient size or
two doubles - adjoining rooms would be ideal. Looking in the area of Trevi
/ Pantheon or maybe a little further south towards the Coloseum.

Recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel (3+ stars) would be
appreciated. Airport shuttle a bonus as we have a 9 am flight out.

The more stars, the less likely you are to find a family room. You
find these mostly in old hotels with quirky spaces to fill up.

I know that the Arenula has family rooms, because my sister stayed
there with her husband and teenaged son. The room was spacious, and
had a large terrace (without much of a view, but it was nice on a
summer evening). However, they may have other family rooms with
different configurations. The Arenula is fairly near the Pantheon and
in walking distance of nearly everything. It's a 2-star, but clean and
has airconditioning. The main thing, I think, that keeps it from
getting the 3rd star is that it doesn't have an elevator.

http://www.hotelarenula.com/

Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have the things
on the star checklist, you get the stars. I've seen some awful 3-stars
and some nice 1-stars.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:02 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andreas H. Zappel

B wrote:

Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have the things

Not only in Italy.

Greetings from Cologne

Andreas
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton

Andreas wrote on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:02:08 +0100:

?? Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have
?? the things

AHZ Not only in Italy.

AHZ Greetings from Cologne

Do the Roma run hotels? :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Old March 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

James Silverton not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not wrote:

Andreas wrote on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:02:08 +0100:

?? Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have
?? the things

AHZ Not only in Italy.

AHZ Greetings from Cologne

Do the Roma run hotels? :-)

Yes, but in Sevilla.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 19 mrt, 14:56, "James Silverton" not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not
wrote:
Andreas wrote on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:02:08 +0100:

?? Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have
?? the things

AHZ Not only in Italy.

AHZ Greetings from Cologne

Do the Roma run hotels? :-)

Can't be much room in those caravans :-(

B;

Old March 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On 19 mrt, 15:03, (David Horne, _the_ chancellor
(*)) wrote:
James Silverton not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not wrote:
Andreas wrote on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:02:08 +0100:

?? Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have
?? the things

AHZ Not only in Italy.

AHZ Greetings from Cologne

Do the Roma run hotels? :-)

Yes, but in Sevilla.

Is that Spanish for Firenze ??

B;

Old March 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

(*)) wrote:
James Silverton not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not wrote:
Andreas wrote on Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:02:08 +0100:

?? Stars have little to do with quality in Italy. If you have
?? the things

AHZ Not only in Italy.

AHZ Greetings from Cologne

Do the Roma run hotels? :-)

Yes, but in Sevilla.

Is that Spanish for Firenze ??

What's German for Firenze? This came up with some friends recently- one
thought it was actually Firenze. Ah, I see it's Florenz.