Will Holland America go big with its next cruise ships?

Old July 8th, 2010, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Will Holland America go big with its next cruise ships?

There was a USA Today article today saying that Holland America is
considering building bigger ships. That would be a change for HAL as
they have been known for having smaller ships than the other mass
market cruise lines.

Article at:

http://bit.ly/aPRUP8

--
Charles
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:20:19 -0400, Charles wrote:

Charles

Thanks for following my lead, Chuck. RTC needs folks like us who post
with no intentions of advertising or ingratiating ourselves
financially. Like John Sisker for instance.

Keep up the good work Ole Boy!
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
www.cruisequick.com - able to offer some of the lowest prices and best
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:05 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Andrew James Clutterbuck-Duncan-Anderson

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:20:19 -0400, Charles wrote:

http://bit.ly/.....

--
Charles

Excuse me, but why would I click on a shortened link so that you can
track me?

From the site "Real-time click stats and analytics" and "Powerful
search tools". Why are you so interested in my data? Why do you want
to search about my use of your/their shortened URLs?

Why?

You're being a deceptive SOB, Charles. A real deceptive sonofabitch.
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 7/7/10 8:20 PM, Charles wrote:
There was a USA Today article today saying that Holland America is
considering building bigger ships. That would be a change for HAL as
they have been known for having smaller ships than the other mass
market cruise lines.

Article at:

http://bit.ly/aPRUP8

Seems logical... the larger the ship, the more places to hide the old
people...

Kidding aside, with the competitive nature of pricing in this economy
(which doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon, if ever, since
so many jobs have been lost) the only way to survive is to keep costs
down, so that you can keep prices down.

And large ships let companies keep costs down.

--Tom
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Earl_Colby_Pottinger

On Jul 7, 8:27*pm, Tom K wrote:

Kidding aside, with the competitive nature of pricing in this economy
(which doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon, if ever, since
so many jobs have been lost) the only way to survive is to keep costs
down, so that you can keep prices down.

And large ships let companies keep costs down.

--Tom

But will not the larger size (distance to travel between cabins and
services) be a problem for their older clients?
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Andrew James Clutterbuck

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 08:10:34 -0700 (PDT), Earl_Colby_Pottinger wrote:

On Jul 7, 8:27*pm, Tom K wrote:

Kidding aside, with the competitive nature of pricing in this economy
(which doesn't seem to be getting better any time soon, if ever, since
so many jobs have been lost) the only way to survive is to keep costs
down, so that you can keep prices down.

And large ships let companies keep costs down.

--Tom

But will not the larger size (distance to travel between cabins and
services) be a problem for their older clients?

I think HAL is trying to kill off many of these old fukkers and change
their demographics. Could be wrong!
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Barbara Brown

NOT everyone who sails HAL is OLD. I have a cruise booked on the Eurodam
in August and I'm not OLD.

As to the larger ships, the Eurodam is already larger than what they
started with such as the Maasdam.

Old July 8th, 2010, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Andrew James Clutterbuck

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:24:51 -0500, Barbara Brown wrote:

NOT everyone who sails HAL is OLD. I have a cruise booked on the Eurodam
in August and I'm not OLD.

Most top posters are.

As to the larger ships, the Eurodam is already larger than what they
started with such as the Maasdam.

Careful that you don't become a HAL casualty.