NAPA and Sonoma in February

Old September 3rd, 2004, 05:53 PM
DaveH

Default NAPA and Sonoma in February

Going to Los Angeles in early February and thinking of visiting the NAPA -
Sonoma area for a few mid-week days at the end of the trip. I've been to
the area in crowded September, but never in the winter. Is the NAPA -
Sonoma worth a couple of days in February or are many wineries and
restaurants closed?
Thanks-
Dave

Old September 3rd, 2004, 06:00 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:53:27 GMT, "DaveH"
wrote:

Going to Los Angeles in early February and thinking of visiting the NAPA -
Sonoma area for a few mid-week days at the end of the trip. I've been to
the area in crowded September, but never in the winter. Is the NAPA -
Sonoma worth a couple of days in February or are many wineries and
restaurants closed?
Thanks-
Dave

Just curious, but why are you capitalizing "NAPA"? Makes it look
the auto parts stores. It's Napa, and it's short for either the
town of Napa, Napa County, or Napa Valley.

Sonoma isn't have as much conveniently arranged for touring,
while Napa Valley has nice straight roads up each side of the
valley lined with wineries.

Everything is open almost every day of the year; avoid weekends
and holidays if you can.

Old September 3rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Todd Michel McComb

In article bk1_c.18$5Y6.14@trnddc07, DaveH wrote:
Going to Los Angeles in early February and thinking of visiting
the NAPA - Sonoma area for a few mid-week days at the end of the
trip. I've been to the area in crowded September, but never in the
winter. Is the NAPA - Sonoma worth a couple of days in February
or are many wineries and restaurants closed?

Not everything is open, especially every day of the week, but enough
is open to make it worthwhile. I commonly visit Napa or Sonoma in
February mid-week, in fact (and probably will this year). You can
usually get a great deal on a place to stay at the last minute,
especially if the weather is bad.

Old September 11th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Icono Clast

DaveH wrote:
Going to Los Angeles in early February and thinking of visiting the NAPA -
Sonoma area for a few mid-week days at the end of the trip. I've been to
the area in crowded September, but never in the winter. Is the NAPA -
Sonoma worth a couple of days in February or are many wineries and
restaurants closed?

What an odd question. I know of no reason why any restaurant, winery,
or other business in those counties might be closed in February
unless there's been an Earthquake or a flood.
A San Franciscan in 47.335 mile² San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net

Old September 11th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Todd Michel McComb

In article ,
Icono Clast wrote:
I know of no reason why any restaurant, winery, or other business
in those counties might be closed in February unless there's been
an Earthquake or a flood.

Some restaurants reduce their hours seasonally, due to lack of
demand. It's more true in Sonoma than Napa. I believe some wineries
do the same, but am more familiar with the restaurant situation.
So, midweek, as the original poster mentioned, some places might
be closed. Not so on weekends.