Q? How many cabins considered a group?

Old February 10th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Len C.

Default Q? How many cabins considered a group?

Maybe someone who is a TA out here can help me. I just recently booked
the Voyager OTS, 5-night Bermuda and surprisingly got two other parties
to book with us. Currently we have a total of 3 cabins. How many is
needed to get a group rate on RCI? And how does it work? Do you get like
one COMP cabin per so many booked? Is there any $ savings per cabin?
Just curious since I may try to form a small group cruise.

Len...

Old February 10th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Linsifer

I'm not sure about RCI, but for NCL and others it takes 8 cabins. I was
fortunate in that this is exactly the amount we booked on an upcoming
family cruise. Since I was taking care of the booking arrangements, my
fare is free (except for port/taxes. So we upgraded to a balcony!

Lindsay

Old February 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Mike

On 10 Feb 2005 15:01:48 -0800, "Linsifer" wrote:

I'm not sure about RCI, but for NCL and others it takes 8 cabins. I was
fortunate in that this is exactly the amount we booked on an upcoming
family cruise. Since I was taking care of the booking arrangements, my
fare is free (except for port/taxes. So we upgraded to a balcony!

Lindsay

Princess told me that 5 cabins and min 10 pax makes a group.
Old February 11th, 2005, 03:07 PM
George Leppla

"Mike" wrote in message
news
On 10 Feb 2005 15:01:48 -0800, "Linsifer" wrote:

I'm not sure about RCI, but for NCL and others it takes 8 cabins. I was
fortunate in that this is exactly the amount we booked on an upcoming
family cruise. Since I was taking care of the booking arrangements, my
fare is free (except for port/taxes. So we upgraded to a balcony!

Lindsay

Princess told me that 5 cabins and min 10 pax makes a group.

That may be true for some soft sailings in off-peak seasons. For example,
it used to be fairly common to get one for five for Fall Caribbean sailings.
Here lately, that is not being offered as often.

The "usual" group minimum is eight cabins with one passenger free.

--
George in PA http://www.countryside-travel.com

Miracle in May - http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm
The Mother of All Group Cruises 2 - http://www.moagc2.com/

Old February 12th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Len C.

I got clarification from Royal Caribbean. It is eight (8) cabins to be
considered a group. Thanks all for your input!

Len...