TSA OK's new locks for luggage

Old November 14th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Susette405

Default TSA OK's new locks for luggage

Some of us don't have any other option, we routinely travel with stuff other
than clothing. They won't let us have it all as carry on, either. Then
there's the smaller planes, where even some "carry on size" bags are deemed

Sure you have a option... if it is very valuable and you can not carry it with
you then leave it at home...
Pills should ALWAYS be carried on..
The plastic tie wraps are a great idea!
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 29Nov03 Navigator of the Seas
Check out our new website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old November 14th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Rich Cacace

I will say you are not the typical traveler on a cruise ship. You probably
should have separate insurance for all the scuba gear.

"Robin" wrote in message
m...

Having some things of "value" with me is often intrinsic to my trip!
One example, scuba gear, I carry on about $2,000 worth of stuff and check
the rest...includes buoyancy device ($400 to 500), fins ($160),
wetsuit,...it's value is not just monetary, it is safety.
I prefer to have my own good, reliable stuff when I enter an environment
that doesn't have any breathable air available. Yeah, I know, I have an
option to stay out in the air too :-)

Old November 14th, 2003, 07:10 PM
PTRAVEL

"Robin" wrote in message
m...

"Susette405" wrote in message

Some of us don't have any other option, we routinely travel with stuff

other
than clothing. They won't let us have it all as carry on, either. Then
there's the smaller planes, where even some "carry on size" bags are

deemed

Sure you have a option... if it is very valuable and you can not carry

it
with
you then leave it at home...

We have the option to stay home because it is safer, too. But it is not

one
many of us would want to choose. Why is it asking too much to be able to
travel on a plane without having stuff stolen? We endure x-rays,

searches,
and frisking. The bags should be made tamper-proof after all that effort,
at least until they hit the conveyor belt at destination.

Having some things of "value" with me is often intrinsic to my trip!
One example, scuba gear, I carry on about $2,000 worth of stuff and check
the rest...includes buoyancy device ($400 to 500), fins ($160),
wetsuit,...it's value is not just monetary, it is safety.
I prefer to have my own good, reliable stuff when I enter an environment
that doesn't have any breathable air available. Yeah, I know, I have an
option to stay out in the air too :-)

Why wouldn't that fit in carryon? My gear, including octopus, does.

Old November 15th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:55:57 GMT, "Robin"
wrote:

Having some things of "value" with me is often intrinsic to my trip!
One example, scuba gear, I carry on about $2,000 worth of stuff and check
the rest...includes buoyancy device ($400 to 500), fins ($160),
wetsuit,..

Just wear the gear on the plane.
Old November 15th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Susette405

It is hard to scuba if you left your gear at home. ;+)

No its not.. you rent it and bring your regulator with you!

but in all honesty you need to have insurance on this stuff, and we never pack
the regulator, carryon only... the fins and all can go, the BC gets packed in
the suitcase and we have never had any problem with Scuba gear, its the jewelry
that you need to be worried about... that can be slipped in someones pocket ,
hard to slip a BC in your pocket!