'ASHAMED OF INDIA'

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:01 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
Dr. Jai Maharaj[_8_]

Default 'ASHAMED OF INDIA'

Ashamed of India

Amar Dev Dhindsa

March 8, 1999

Author's note: This is something that was forwarded to me
and I don't know the name of the person concerned.

This is an experience of NRI on his visit to India in our
50th year of independence:

This is a compilation of some of the experiences I had,
when I went on an official visit to India. I am a senior
project manager in a chemical construction company (in USA)
and I was going to India to oversee the start up of a plant
being designed and built by my company. I also happen to be
a American-settled-Indian. A junior technician, Steve, who
is an Anglo-saxon American was also sent with me to India
to aid the Indian technicians with the plant start up. I
talked with the travel department into buying Air India
tickets.

Being a senior executive, I was entitled to first class
seats, while the technician traveled economy. So, I show up
at the Air India terminal and got into the first class
counter. The attendant there is an Indian lady, who refuses
to acknowledge me and keeps on doing some work on her
computer terminal. When I interrupt her, she replies very
roughly "This is the first class counter, can't you see? Go
to the end of the line at the next counter!" The next
counter was economy class. "Will you please check my ticket
at least?" I replied. "Sardarji aapko English nahin samajh
aati? This is not an information counter, go to the end of
the line!"

Well of course, I got my first lesson. No matter how
successful you may be, your desi bhai and bhens always
think of you as Mr. Cheap!

We landed at New Delhi early in the morning. I waited for
my junior technician to get of the plane, so that we can go
together through customs. This was his first visit
overseas. I thought India being my home country, I shall be
able to help him. Little did I realize that it was I who
needed help. As soon as we approached the counter, the
burly haryanvi jat at the counter saw me with turban and
the white guy behind me, and said "sardarji aap jara side
mein khare ho jao" and he said to Steve " Please sir come
forward". "Oh no! you can process him first, we are
together any way" replied Steve. Ignoring what he said the
jat said "Sir you come forward, I do not want to hold you
for him, you are a guest here and people of his kind we
have to check more, you know all that terrorism." That made
me mad. I protested, but to no avail. The jat threatened me
that if I try to stop him from doing his job, he will have
me arrested. Something in me told me to restrain myself. I
told Steve to go ahead and I will follow him. To make the
story short, I did not make a good impression on Steve as
soon as we landed. The jat took his own time to clear me,
with a look on his face, which told me his thoughts were
that this guy may be living in America, but I am the king
here. Well we went to the luggage area, got our suit cases
and proceeded to walk through the green line. I was wrong
again. Steve could go through green line not me. And guess
who stopped me this time. It was a sikh customs officer. I
think he wanted to make sure that I should not go back told
Steve respectfully to go ahead and said to me- "Sardarji
red line wich jao". Again Steve tried to rescue me "But I
am with him, we are together." "Sir believe me you do not
know these guys. It does not happen in your country but
here they try to smugg le every thing" and he winked at
Steve. "I bet he convinced you in the plane that he can get
you best place to stay and best women in New Delhi"
announced the customs officer. I was mad again, but still
to no avail. I told Steve to wait for me outside. The red
line guy went through every thing I had, humiliated me and
made me pay Rs 500 as duty. He detained me for 50 minutes,
not realizing that I make $60 an hour, which will
translates into Rs.2100 for 50 minutes he detained me. I
was thankful that Steve was not there to see all this
humiliation.

The humiliation didn't end here, the company driver who
came to pick us up preferred to carry Steve's bags and
opened the door for Steve. While I was waiting for him to
put my bags in the trunk he said "Sardarji ,waheguru ne do
hath bakshe ne warto." At the Ashoka Hotel, the counter had
all the welcome for Steve, the bell boy carried Steve's
bags first. All this time Steve was protesting, telling
them to take care of me first as I was his boss, but all of
them just refused to believe that a brown guy can be a
white guy's boss. Perhaps even fifty years of independence
have not been able to flush out all that slave blood.

The second hand treatment even continued the next day when
we went to the Indian company head quarters. The chief-
engineer there referred to call Steve sir and shake hands
with him first. But here I could control the situation.
When I instructed Steve to go to plant and start checking
into equipment, the chief engineer realized he has to deal
with me and not Steve. Of course he apologized.

The worst humiliation occurred when I took Steve to a state
emporium in downtown for shopping. Here I was supposed to
guide him and help him select the right gifts for his
family and friends. But the sales lady at the emporium
completely ignored me and showered all her attention on
Steve. When I tried to intervene, she scolded me in
English, "Mister, why don't you wait till I can take care
of this gentleman who is going to spend dollars, not like
you who is looking for the cheapest sari for your wife you
can buy." Even Steve did not like it and said to lady
"Miss, what is wrong with all you people in this country.
You treat your own people so bad. This gentleman is my
boss, makes twice the money I make and is perhaps going to
spend twice the amount I am going to spend". You should
have seen the look on the sales girl's face. Steve made me
walk out of the store. I guess even he could not take it
any more. He told me "Your color makes things difficult for
you in America but you are discriminated against much m ore
here in your own country. And I was thinking you were
joking, when you told me this back home."

More at:
http://www.chowk.com/show_article.cg...apter=1&page=1

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/yhjyp5
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.
Old March 8th, 2007, 01:00 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
Nusrat Rizvi

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:01:29 GMT, Uab1 or
www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

This is kind of funny article but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Same can happen to any Chinese or South American who goes back home
with a European.

Old March 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
Marcus Aurelius

While some of the behaviors mentioned in this unnamed author piece
could have happened, the whole article reads like an apprehensive
person's fears rather than his true experiences. The responses given
as being those from Indian workers are way too corny to be real.

When I last flew Air India, I was delighted (except that most int'l
flights land after 1am in N Delhi - and nobody is in good mood at that
time of the day). The air-hostess was attentive, the meal was superb
and the atmosphere quite relaxed.

The guy who checks your papers at the airport has to be khadoos
because of the nature of the job (one can try paying attention to
hundreds of names/dates/figures etc. of strangers at 2am, day after
day). No taxi driver will ask you to "warto" your own hands for moving
bags into the taxi, except as a joke. The cliched idea of people
favoring "dollars" at shops is ludicrous. Most of the tourist spending
inside India is by other Indians, and not by foreigners.

Indians perhaps do try being overly attentive to white-skinned people,
but this piece here seems wholly made up of fears than real
experiences.

Adi Anant

Old March 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
[email protected]

On Mar 8, 8:00 am, Nusrat Rizvi wrote:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:01:29 GMT, orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

This is kind of funny article but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Same can happen to any Chinese or South American who goes back home
with a European.

Yes haramzaday, you don't lose any sleep over losing your mom to an
invader hawaldar either..

http://www.chowk.com/show_article.cg...nel=gulberg&st...

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/yhjyp5
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

Hindu Holocaust Museum
http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
http://www.hindu.org
http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims
http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

fair use of copyrighted works.

copyright owner.- Hide quoted text -

Old March 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 8:01 am, Nusrat Rizvi wrote:
On 8 Mar 2007 05:45:23 -0800, wrote:

On Mar 8, 8:00 am, Nusrat Rizvi wrote:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:01:29 GMT, orwww.mantra.com/jai(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

This is kind of funny article but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Same can happen to any Chinese or South American who goes back home
with a European.

Yes haramzaday, you don't lose any sleep over losing your mom to an
invader hawaldar either..

Ranjeet Singh and his army were all native Punjabis, small wonder you
have no problem with your ladies volunteering to service the lonely
Sikh guys for next to nothing,or maybe they were far too ugly to
charge more.

Dear haramzaday, any thoughts how you became nusRAT instead of nathu?
Did the might father of Hindustan Aurengzeb the great had any gora
hawaldar that humped your matha ji?... Dear progeny of invaders,
don't even think that you are a gora, Zero chance. ... You are either
a kallo from the south a linage of negro genes or a sh!t skin from the
north a gift of muslla invaders.. there is no grey area dear retard
it is as clear as black and white.

Old March 10th, 2007, 11:44 AM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
Nusrat Rizvi

On 9 Mar 2007 06:30:33 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Again seeking kinship with Mughals instead of Sikhs. Life under Burqua
must be getting unbearable with days getting hotter each day in
Pakiland.
Old March 10th, 2007, 05:44 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
[email protected]

On Mar 10, 6:44 am, Nusrat Rizvi wrote:
[...]

Pakiland.- Hide quoted text -

Dear haramzaday, according to world history books it was muslla
invaders who landed in India for several 100 years, what a coincidnece
that right after that rendezvous, sikh nation was born and a retard
haramzada like you was concieved... Now lets see what they teach you
in your hindu safaron schools.

Old March 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
Nusrat Rizvi

On 10 Mar 2007 09:44:50 -0800, wrote:

[...]

Does this somehow make you brave or free of Sikh genes?
Evidence at hand suggests no, or am I wrong?
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM posted to soc.culture.indian,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.british,rec.travel.misc
[email protected]

On Mar 15, 8:18 am, Nusrat Rizvi wrote:
[...]

Evidence at hand suggests no, or am I wrong?- Hide quoted text -

Dear, haramzaday, it still don't change your "haramzada" gene
content.. Any idea who was that muslla soldier that humped your
whoring women,! I am sure your conception is the result of lot of
bravery...