Pool Towels on Cruise Ships - Please Help!

Old September 14th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Howard Garland

Default Pool Towels on Cruise Ships - Please Help!

Thanks for anwering Dick.

Howard

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Howard Garland

Damn! I'd even trade the rock climbing wall (which I love) for a
constant supply of fresh towels by the pool.

Howard

Peri Schacknow wrote:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Howard, but on the RCCL's Navigator
of the Seas a couple of weeks ago we were issued pool towels IN THE
ROOM, which were only to be EXCHANGED (for a dry one, I guess) at the
pool. You could request one from a pool attendant, but they weren't out
in the bins as they'd always been before.

~ Peri

Old September 16th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Mason Barge

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:02:07 -0400, Howard Garland
wrote:

Damn! I'd even trade the rock climbing wall (which I love) for a
constant supply of fresh towels by the pool.

Howard

See you on the Constellation vbg

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old September 16th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Jeff Coudriet

I'm a high maintenance towel user too. Can't have too many. I like two
on my lounge chair, one to dry off with, and one to roll as a pillow.
So there's 4 right there. I guess I'm not "saving the waves" enough
huh??

Jeff

Old September 16th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Howard Garland

Four towels on one chair is definitely preferable to two towels on four
chairs.

I cruised on the Sun Princess during Christmas week, when the ship was
brand new. It was the first time that I encountered towel rationing on a
ship. The ship was quite full and there were a large number perfectly
quaffed princesses from Long Island aboard. It seemed that many of
these ladies used their rationed towels only as territory, or should I
say homestead, markers, because there was no way these lovely gals were
going to get anything wet. Lounges at the pool were constantly empty
and reserved at the same time. One woman had actually reserved 8 chairs
in the sun and 8 in the shade. Single towels were spread across
multiple, unoccupied chairs all day long. She didn't have enough
towels, so she added empty shopping bags (from only the best NY stores).
After a couple of hours, I asked if I could use one of her empty bag,
marked chairs for a friend who had joined me. He answer was "No"!

These days, when I encounter a similar (but honestly never this extreme)
situation on a ship, I just take the chair, despite protest, and promise
to return it whenever the reservee really needs it.

Howard