Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass marketcru...

Old September 14th, 2003, 02:51 AM

Default Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass marketcru...

Mass market elimination as included in all issues of the NCL "FreeStyle
Daily" during my recent cruise [and it is a sign of the mass market
times that this even needs to be stated]:
"For the comfort of all guests, tank tops, beachwear & baseball caps are
not permitted in the Restaurants for any meal period."

Well, baseball caps are now listed ... I do hope cell phones are next to
be banned in the Restaurants [yes, mass market passengers were using
those as well as other electronic devices during meals]!

Old September 14th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Rich Cacace

How many meals did you actually see people using cell phones? Seeing that
you'd have to be in port during a meal it couldn't be that disruptive that
many times.

Old September 14th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Tom & Linda

The Norwegian Dawn sails along the East Coast from NY to Florida. There
are multiple places along the way where you can get a signal. I got one
off of Norfolk. Jersey shore as well. You can also get a signal along
the Pt. Canaveral to Miami stretch, and while near Nassau. You may
catch those places on the way back as well, depending on how far the
ship is from land.

--Tom

Old September 15th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Tom & Linda

Jim wrote:

Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass marketcru...

Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Sun, Sep 14, 2003, 2:05pm (EDT+4) From:
wrote in message
Mass market elimination as included in all issues of the NCL "FreeStyle
Daily" during my recent cruise [and it is a sign of the mass market
times that this even needs to be stated]:
"For the comfort of all guests, tank tops, beachwear & baseball caps are
not permitted in the Restaurants for any meal period."
Well, baseball caps are now listed ... I do hope cell phones are next to
be banned in the Restaurants [yes, mass market passengers were using
those as well as other electronic devices during meals]!
=========

That is pretty sad, to have your cell phone ON during a cruise. JDR

No it's not. People check on parents who may be elderly. People check
on medical things. People check on pets. On kids who may have stayed
home by themselves.

It's actually a way to stay connected so that someone CAN get away on a
nice cruise... yet stay in touch if needed.

In my case, I went by myself on the cruise, because I had vacation time
to use up, but the kids had school and Linda was home with them. It was
nice to be able to stay in touch with them.

I don't see ANYTHING sad about that.

--Tom
Old September 15th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Jim

From: (Tom=A0&=A0Linda)
Jim wrote:
Another Survey! Things you would eliminate from mass marketcru...
Group: rec.travel.cruises Date: Sun, Sep 14, 2003, 2:05pm (EDT+4) From:
(Tom & Linda)
The Norwegian Dawn sails along the East Coast from NY to Florida. There
are multiple places along the way where you can get a signal. I got one
off of Norfolk. Jersey shore as well. You can also get a signal along
the Pt. Canaveral to Miami stretch, and while near Nassau. You may catch
those places on the way back as well, depending on how far the ship is
from land.
--Tom
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

That is pretty sad, to have your cell phone ON during a cruise. JDR
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

No it's not. People check on parents who may be elderly. People check on
medical things. People check on pets. On kids who may have stayed home
by themselves.
It's actually a way to stay connected so that someone CAN get away on a
nice cruise... yet stay in touch if needed.
In my case, I went by myself on the cruise, because I had vacation time
to use up, but the kids had school and Linda was home with them. It was
nice to be able to stay in touch with them.
I don't see ANYTHING sad about that.
--Tom

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
My response to the comment about people checking up on "Poochy-Woochy"
is a type of response I gave about the people wanting advice on bringing
6mo. old Hanna on their cruise.
I'm not going to say anything(THIS TIME) JDR

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
CupCaked

Tom & Linda wrote:

Jim wrote:

That is pretty sad, to have your cell phone ON during a cruise. JDR

No it's not. People check on parents who may be elderly. People check
on medical things. People check on pets. On kids who may have stayed
home by themselves.

Hans and I have VERY elderly parents (we're both only children, so
their care falls directly to us), a house, three cats and a dog, plus
very high contact jobs. Still, we don't feel the need to have our
cell phones on 24/7 when we take a vacation. Sure, we call home
during the course of our trip, but having our cell phone on is a bit
of overkill, IMO.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old September 15th, 2003, 01:17 PM

Using a cell phone in a "private" area, during a cruise, is not a
problem ... but sitting in a ship's Restaurant while using it, during a
cruise, is -- I think -- a disgrace!

I recently saw one boorish man, during Dinner in a ship's inside
Restaurant, yelling into his cell phone [while the vessel was out at
sea] ... while simultaneously reading the menu and ordering from the
frustrated Waiter ... while also talking loudly to his wife across the
table about his cell phone conversation ... while wearing -- not
surprisingly -- his baseball cap!

Do the other passengers deserve this?

I can hardly believe that there really are people posting in this forum
who believe this is acceptable behavior!