prepaid mobile phones in italy/germany

Old November 17th, 2004, 08:29 PM

Default prepaid mobile phones in italy/germany

I am interested in hearing experiences of anyone who has purchased prepaid
mobile phone plans in southern germany and italy.

Is it possible to purchase a plan that works for both southern germany and
italy or will it be necessary to get separate ones?

TYIA

Old November 17th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Dominique Foucart

Q a formulé ce mercredi :
I am interested in hearing experiences of anyone who has purchased prepaid
mobile phone plans in southern germany and italy.

Is it possible to purchase a plan that works for both southern germany and
italy or will it be necessary to get separate ones?

TYIA

most of the plan will offer you roaming facilities, but none will offer
you domestic rate between the two areas... so you need to select the
plan with the best roaming prices !

--
Dominique Foucart
Brussels, Capital City of European Community

Old November 17th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Donald Newcomb

"Q" wrote in message ...
I am interested in hearing experiences of anyone who has purchased prepaid
mobile phone plans in southern germany and italy.

Is it possible to purchase a plan that works for both southern germany and
italy or will it be necessary to get separate ones?

I have an Italian Wind prepaid. It is preactivated for a form of "callback"
roaming which works in most countries around the world. While Wind's rates
in Italy are good, their prepaid roaming rates are pretty high. You just
need to figure out how much you need to use the phone in each country and
decide to roam or buy a prepaid in each.

Also consider international cards like HOP Mobile and Ryan Travelfone. See
www.prepaidgsm.net

--
Donald Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old November 18th, 2004, 02:00 PM
B Vaughan

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:37:56 +0100, Dominique Foucart
wrote:

Q a formulé ce mercredi :
I am interested in hearing experiences of anyone who has purchased prepaid
mobile phone plans in southern germany and italy.

Is it possible to purchase a plan that works for both southern germany and
italy or will it be necessary to get separate ones?

most of the plan will offer you roaming facilities, but none will offer
you domestic rate between the two areas... so you need to select the
plan with the best roaming prices !

If you spend much time in the vicinity of the border, you will be
roaming back and forth a good deal of the time.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old November 18th, 2004, 02:00 PM
B Vaughan

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 22:37:56 +0100, Dominique Foucart

Q a formulé ce mercredi :

Old November 18th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Luca Logi

B Vaughan wrote:

If you spend much time in the vicinity of the border, you will be
roaming back and forth a good deal of the time.

I am afraid this will not work, as southern Germany doesn't have a
common border with Italy. In the mid there is a large stretch of
Austria, with still other cellular providers adding a layer of
complexity.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Home page: