new york hotels

Old October 16th, 2003, 09:14 AM
the boss

Default new york hotels

can anyone recomend a decent hotel in Manhatten in December that does
not break the bank ( 100-160 dollars a night ).

I know if I looked hard I find a thread that covers this already but
theres just two many.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Old October 16th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Keith Willshaw

"the boss" wrote in message

can anyone recomend a decent hotel in Manhatten in December that does
not break the bank ( 100-160 dollars a night ).

I know if I looked hard I find a thread that covers this already but
theres just two many.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I've used the Skyline Hotel at 10th Ave and 49th Street
it has decent sized recently renovated rooms for $159 per night
(excluding taxes which IRC are qute high)

http://www.bookonlinenow.com/v2/CheckAvailv2.asp

Keith

Old October 16th, 2003, 04:28 PM
the boss

Originally posted by Liz

Super 8, Times Square vicinity (59 W. 46th St.) - $99 per night plus

tax. My DH stays there a couple of times a month when he goes
to NYC on

business. They have no smoking rooms if you so desire.

where can I find this for 99 dollars ?? Every hotel booking site I've
looked at wants 219 + tax !! HELP...................

Old October 16th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Keith Willshaw

"127.0.0.1" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:24:36 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

I've used the Skyline Hotel at 10th Ave and 49th Street
it has decent sized recently renovated rooms for $159 per night
(excluding taxes which IRC are qute high)

a very high price for a ****ty hotel in a very ****ty area. try one of
the online booking services, you should be able to get a better place
in a better location for less money.

20 years ago it may have been a ****ty area but not any longer.

Keith

Old October 16th, 2003, 06:44 PM
webpecker

wrote:

I've used the Skyline Hotel at 10th Ave and 49th Street
it has decent sized recently renovated rooms for $159 per night
(excluding taxes which IRC are qute high)

http://www.expedia.com/
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Room type Standard sleeps 4
Sun-Thu $98.00
Fri-Sat $111.00
incl. tax, service etc.

http://www.expedia.it/
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Room type Standard sleeps 4
Sun-Thu € 85,08
Fri-Sat € 96,37
incl. tax, service etc.

Old October 16th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Liz

the boss wrote:

where can I find this for 99 dollars ?? Every hotel booking site I've
looked at wants 219 + tax !! HELP...................

Where are you looking? I just went to their website, entered dates of
10/20 x 2 nights, 1 adult, and was given the price of $99.00 per night.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ng/check_avail
Old October 16th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Keith Willshaw

wrote:

I've used the Skyline Hotel at 10th Ave and 49th Street
it has decent sized recently renovated rooms for $159 per night
(excluding taxes which IRC are qute high)

http://www.expedia.com/
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Room type Standard sleeps 4
Sun-Thu $98.00
Fri-Sat $111.00
incl. tax, service etc.

http://www.expedia.it/
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Room type Standard sleeps 4
Sun-Thu ? 85,08
Fri-Sat ? 96,37
incl. tax, service etc.

Do expedia provide the time machine too ?

Keith

Old October 17th, 2003, 05:33 PM
webpecker

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:21:00 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I've used the Skyline Hotel at 10th Ave and 49th Street
it has decent sized recently renovated rooms for $159 per night
(excluding taxes which IRC are qute high)

http://www.expedia.com/
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Room type Standard sleeps 4
Sun-Thu $98.00
Fri-Sat $111.00
incl. tax, service etc.

http://www.expedia.it/
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Room type Standard sleeps 4
Sun-Thu ? 85,08
Fri-Sat ? 96,37
incl. tax, service etc.

Do expedia provide the time machine too ?

Keith (we meet again...),

perhaps I forgot to specify that the above rates refers to the Skyline
Hotel in NYC, and the prices on the Italian webpage are in euro (the
euro-glyph doesn't appear)...

However - sorry, I don't wan't to be rude - I don't understand what
you mean: you know, different culture different humor :-)

webpecker (was "pikkio" looking for kerouak's digital...)

Old October 17th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Miguel Cruz

webpecker wrote:
"Keith Willshaw" wrote:
"webpecker" wrote:
Expedia Special Rate (August 2003)
Sun-Thu $98.00
Fri-Sat $111.00

Do expedia provide the time machine too ?

However - sorry, I don't wan't to be rude - I don't understand what
you mean: you know, different culture different humor :-)

I think it might have something to do with trying to use an August rate in
October.

miguel