Car Rental at Heathrow SUCKS!

Old January 4th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Mark Hewitt

Default Car Rental at Heathrow SUCKS!

"Errol" wrote in message

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

Wrong site. Try this one:
http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/D...3dadbe5aea310b

Sorry, I made a typo. That was the site I used.
So you do have an agenda after all. Guess what, mate?
I'm not an American. You are being ripped blind and feel you
have to resort to all this derogatory stuff because you don't like
Americans?

I don't like anyone trying to bash Britain without any reason. You have no
reason.

Besides, bashing Britain is my job :-p

Old January 5th, 2004, 04:51 AM
mrraveltay

Mark Hewitt wrote:
Ok, so here's my last check:
So looking at National for the weekend of the 10th at JFK in NYC its
$77.87 vs LHR $163 (with all options)- so quite frankly I think this
discussion is over for me.
It's exactly the crock I made it out to be.

So lets see.
LHR for next weekend. £66.29 for the weekend for a Ford Focus 1.6. Thats as
big a car as you'll see on the roads in the UK, if you are looking at bigger
then you are insane! Even the biggest comes out at £83.78 which is $142, so
I'm wondering if you are just plucking the figures out of the air!

Same weekend at JFK for a standard sized car $256 i.e. £150.
So let me see £66.29 for the UK. £150 for the USA. I can only conclude USA
car rental is a ripoff!

New York City has probably the highest US weekend rates in the country.
BTW, I just rented a Lincoln Town Car for $299 for one week, pick up at
SAN, drop in SNA, from Hertz.

Old January 5th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:24:09 -0500 in rec.travel.air, "Errol"
wrote:

Sorry mate, I have been using the rental agencies website. Seems to me you
have
some hidden agenda while I am just a ****ed off pax.

well, you *are* obviously a crank on this issue, but

i suspect that you both get quite differing quotes because the
web site looks at your IP addresses to determine physical
location --- it's not unusual for companies to quote varying
prices depending on the location of the customer, as airlines do
with fare pricing.

in other words, it would quote a lower UK, higher US price to a
UK IP address, and a higher UK, lower US price to a US IP
address.

Old January 5th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Mark Hewitt

"Dennis P. Harris" wrote in message

i suspect that you both get quite differing quotes because the
web site looks at your IP addresses to determine physical
location --- it's not unusual for companies to quote varying
prices depending on the location of the customer, as airlines do
with fare pricing.

in other words, it would quote a lower UK, higher US price to a
UK IP address, and a higher UK, lower US price to a US IP
address.

I suspect his problem came from using the www.nationalcar.com site to
attempt to book which gives higher prices than www.nationalcar.co.uk No idea
why this should be so, but it is!