Towels and Chairs Oh My !

Old October 15th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Lewis

Default Towels and Chairs Oh My !

Just joined this newsgroup as my wife and I are going on the Carnival Legend
10/24 for 8 days, 4 days at sea. Our Panorama level balcony cabin is aft and
I was told the 'kids' pool is now adults only. Perfect !

I'll admit I'm not the aficionado my wife is regarding cruises (she's
cruised over 10 times), but since this will be my 6th or 7th cruise I'll
chime in regarding the chairs & towels.

I'm an early riser and have never bothered to 'towel' chairs. Since my wife
is one who prefers to sleep until she's 'damn ready' to get out of bed, I
leave her to sleep. I leave her sleeping on the ship and take shore
excursions. After 25 years (2 years blissful) of marriage you learn when to
leave your spouse alone. Insider tip: (that's how you make a good marriage).
If she wants to sleep ALL day that's perfectly fine by me and when 'SHE' is
ready to go to the pool she will. Brunch/lunch on our balcony is where my
wife will enjoy her 'morning' meals.

I can't remember having a problem finding a chair. It might not have been in
the 'choice' location, but I've always been able to find a chair/chaise
lounge. Once you get comfortable and have noted the 'good' chairs that are
toweled and vacant, note the time.
IF someone thinks they have a right to a chair they toweled and abandoned
for more than 20 minutes (ok, 30 minutes, they're on vacation too), they've
got something to learn. 30 minutes MAX and they're mine if I so choose. I've
never worried about discarding someone's 'stuff' from a chair after 30
minutes of being toweled and abandoned and can't remember ever having a
confrontation about it.

I more than understand in this day and age of accountability when it comes
to the towels. Just because your cruise is mostly 'AI', don't think for a
moment towels are 'included'. I can't remember EVER having to account for
towels. If we asked our room steward for more towels, they always brought
them whenever we asked and usually more than we asked for. If my wife wants
3 towels by the pool, no problem.

A couple of bucks in the left hand at the 'right' time and you will get what
you want, 99.9% of the time. Tip at the beginning of a cruise. This way the
person sees you coming and remembers you for the duration of the cruise.
Extra towels, no problem. An extra lobster on lobster night, no problem.
Drinks especially. Give a nice tip early and expect your drinks from your
favorite bartender to be in your favor. Room stewards too. If it's you and a
neighbor asking for the room steward simultaneously, whose room do you think
he will come to first. You are going to tip them anyway, good service
deserves reward.

When on vacation spending hard earned money just remember, FUBIOV.
(F U Buddy I'm On Vacation).

Kick back, relax, you're on vacation. The words I long to mumble a mere 10
days from now...

Lew

Old October 15th, 2005, 06:48 PM
BobEdwards

Lewis wrote:
[...]

The only reason that I'm ever hesitant to remove a towel from a deck
chair that's been empty for a while is that I can't be sure that the
person is not in the pool. It seems to me that a person may be in the
pool for 20-30 minutes and still have the right to retain the chair.
OTOH, if there's just a book on a chair that's been empty for a while
I'm not reluctant to remove the book and take the chair. Also, I'm not
sure what the protocol is if a person wants to leave the chair for half
an hour for lunch at the buffet. I also have been known to raise a
ruckus in the showroom if someone is saving a large block of seats.

Old October 15th, 2005, 10:51 PM
RichC

"BobEdwards" wrote in message
oups.com...

I also have been known to raise a
ruckus in the showroom if someone is saving a large block of seats.

I've had a woman annoyed with me about saving one seat in the showroom when
my wife went back to the cabin to get her glasses. She was rounding up
seats for her group & needed one more so they could all be together.

Old October 15th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

RichC wrote:
"BobEdwards" wrote in message
oups.com...

I also have been known to raise a

ruckus in the showroom if someone is saving a large block of seats.

I've had a woman annoyed with me about saving one seat in the showroom when
my wife went back to the cabin to get her glasses. She was rounding up
seats for her group & needed one more so they could all be together.

That is so silly! If you want good seats you have to get to the show
lounge early. I don't see a problem if a husband/wife saves a seat for
their wife/husband, while one goes to get something in the cabin or to
use the restroom. If that woman wanted a lot of seats together, she
and her friends should of come to the show lounge earlier.

sue
Old October 19th, 2005, 05:33 PM

Hi Lew,

Saw in your message you appreciate the FUBIOV! attitude. How did you
hear about FUBIOV! Check out the new website currently under
construction www.fubiov.com.

Notice they allow critiques..you should send in one!