JetBlue snacks?

Old June 1st, 2004, 03:11 PM
Chris

Default JetBlue snacks?

A friend is traveling this week on JetBlue from New York to San Juan
Puerto Rico and back. Both flights leave around 11AM and arrive
around 3PM. She wants to know what exactly does JetBlue call a
"snack"? Is it just a soda and a bag of peanuts, or something more
substantial? Flight time is around 3:30 hours and she wants to know
whether to try to schedule in extra time on the way to the airport to
pick up something to eat or is the snack enough to sustain one during
a lunch time flight? Anyone had any experiences with JetBlue to
Puerto Rico? Thanks.
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:31 PM
Gregory Morrow

Chris wrote:

A friend is traveling this week on JetBlue from New York to San Juan
Puerto Rico and back. Both flights leave around 11AM and arrive
around 3PM. She wants to know what exactly does JetBlue call a
"snack"? Is it just a soda and a bag of peanuts, or something more
substantial? Flight time is around 3:30 hours and she wants to know
whether to try to schedule in extra time on the way to the airport to
pick up something to eat or is the snack enough to sustain one during
a lunch time flight? Anyone had any experiences with JetBlue to
Puerto Rico? Thanks.

Some passenger comments he

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jet_blue.htm

"Snacks seem to come often and were good (cheese dip with breadsticks was
one)"

"...nice array of snacks and beverages..."

"Despite the very short flight time (55 minutes), cabin staff was friendly,
efficient and served us a whole can of soda (or a variety of other
beverages) as well as a choice of 5 different snacks - the (rather greasy
and not especially good) fabled "blue" potato chips, Chex-Mix, a biscotti,
some type of cookie, and something or other else. Impressive - not just your
average bag of peanuts - choices!"

"The snacks and beverages were decent, wide selection."

"...numerous snacks offered (cookies, chips, snack mix, and more) and a nice
selection of drinks other than just coffee or sodas."

"Also cookies or choice of savory snacks were offered free."

You can view pictures he

http://airlinemeals.net/meals/Jetblue.html

--
Best
Greg

Old June 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
TCS

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:11:39 -0400, Chris wrote:
A friend is traveling this week on JetBlue from New York to San Juan
Puerto Rico and back. Both flights leave around 11AM and arrive
around 3PM. She wants to know what exactly does JetBlue call a
"snack"? Is it just a soda and a bag of peanuts, or something more
substantial? Flight time is around 3:30 hours and she wants to know

just a back of snackfood like peanuts and beverages.

JB has no problem with passengers taking their own food aboard; in fact, they
encourage it.

Take a sandwich and a bag of apples aboard. Share the bag of apples with
other passengers. :-)

whether to try to schedule in extra time on the way to the airport to
pick up something to eat or is the snack enough to sustain one during
a lunch time flight? Anyone had any experiences with JetBlue to
Puerto Rico? Thanks.

The snack isn't good for anything other than a 4 minute diversion.
Old June 1st, 2004, 06:29 PM
cj

Chris wrote:

A friend is traveling this week on JetBlue from New York to San Juan
Puerto Rico and back. Both flights leave around 11AM and arrive
around 3PM. She wants to know what exactly does JetBlue call a
"snack"? Is it just a soda and a bag of peanuts, or something more
substantial? Flight time is around 3:30 hours and she wants to know
whether to try to schedule in extra time on the way to the airport to
pick up something to eat or is the snack enough to sustain one during
a lunch time flight? Anyone had any experiences with JetBlue to
Puerto Rico? Thanks.

You can get 2nd or 3rds on the snacks. Bags are typically the size that
you can buy in the snack pack boxes at the grocery store or those small
bags at a convenience store. I'd suggest she bring a sandwich as a main
course and let them provide the snacks/drink.
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Brian K

On 06/01/2004 10:11 AM Chris consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:

A friend is traveling this week on JetBlue from New York to San Juan
Puerto Rico and back. Both flights leave around 11AM and arrive
around 3PM. She wants to know what exactly does JetBlue call a
"snack"? Is it just a soda and a bag of peanuts, or something more
substantial? Flight time is around 3:30 hours and she wants to know
whether to try to schedule in extra time on the way to the airport to
pick up something to eat or is the snack enough to sustain one during
a lunch time flight? Anyone had any experiences with JetBlue to
Puerto Rico? Thanks.

Go to Boston Market, Quiznos, or whoever the night before. Order a
sandwich, ask them to put sauce/dressing on the side. Let Jet Blue
provide the drinks. The key is remembering to take it out of the
refrigerator in the morning and put it in your carry-on. Your friend
will be the envy of all those people on the plane who didn't bring
anything or picked-up a MacDonalds Barf Burger.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old June 1st, 2004, 07:58 PM
Dave Proctor

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:31:36 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

"Despite the very short flight time (55 minutes), cabin staff was friendly,
efficient and served us a whole can of soda

A WHOLE can? You mean they let you have the ENTIRE contents of the
can? Goold lord, what is the world coming to.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:16 PM
JohnT

wrote:

"Despite the very short flight time (55 minutes), cabin staff was friendly,
efficient and served us a whole can of soda

A WHOLE can? You mean they let you have the ENTIRE contents of the
can? Goold lord, what is the world coming to.

Dave

=====

I flew Dallas/Fort Worth to London in March on American Airlines and ordered a
gin and tonic. It cost $5. The gin was in a miniature bottle and was a good
measure. The tonic was poured into my plastic glass by the FA after I had placed
the gin in the glass. It was a pathetically small amount, particularly as the
glass was about 97% full already with unwanted ice, and she wanted to retain the
can of tonic, presumably to serve another 6 passengers. I have a theory that,
coca-cola apart, mixers are in incredibly short supply in the USA. I think that
Americans are really nice people but sometimes their behaviour is unfathomably
strange.

JohnT

Old June 1st, 2004, 08:49 PM
mrtravel

wrote:

"Despite the very short flight time (55 minutes), cabin staff was friendly,
efficient and served us a whole can of soda

A WHOLE can? You mean they let you have the ENTIRE contents of the
can? Goold lord, what is the world coming to.

I can't recall ever have being denied the whole can when I have asked.

Old June 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
Charlie Hammond

In article ,
mrtravel writes:

I can't recall ever have being denied the whole can [of soda]
when I have asked.

The norm is that you will get a whole can if you ask. Usually.
I CAN recall beind denied. (Not on JetBlue)

I agree with the "bring your own sandwich" idea. I often do this.
I like to pick up a sandwich from the deli department of a supermarket.
My wife often packs us some fruit -- grapes, cut up cantalope, etc.
*MUCH* better than typical airline snakes.

One thing to consider -- on international flights don't take more food
than you will consume in route. You may be required to trash any
uncosumed food to get through customs/immigration. This would especially
apply to meats, and to un-processed fruits and vegitables.

--
Charlie Hammond -- Hewlett-Packard Company -- Ft Lauderdale FL USA
-- remove "@not" when replying)