The Euro at $1.55

Old April 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
John Kulp

Default The Euro at $1.55

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 22:43:20 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

Your cogent posts, which I admittedly frequently disagree with,
have misled me into into thinking you to be above the sort of
things you seem inclined to shoot off, and it's not responses to
only Magda. Indeed, you seem a bit schizophrenic in that regard.

Let me be clear. I do not like liars, distorters and the like. In my
experience, they do it because they are not called on it, which is why
I call them on it without hesitation. So that is why I will go after
them.

And it's working so well, isn't it? Stops 'em dead in their
tracks.

Unfotunately, what you call a "lie" is frequently a difference of
opinion.

Ok, then. Explain to me how claiming that Turkey gave women the right
to vote before the US is a difference of opinion. Explain how what
she said about the VA healthcare system which, according to a
University of Michigan study, is the highest quality lowest cost
system in the US is a difference of opinion then. Please. These are
blatant lies which have been outright refuted by easily obtainable
fact, not opinions on anything.

There may have been one, but I can't recall a single post of
hers that added anything to any conversation being conducted. I have
no problem with a decent discussion whether someone disagrees or
agrees with me.

So, obviously, tht makes her worth all your time and effort.

Well, that's how they got rid of McCarthy wasn't it?

That is what discussions are for. You can call it
childish or whatever and it may be, but the purpose is to point out
just what someone like her is doing.

On your apparent assumption that everyone else here is unaware of
it without your pointing it out.

Oh, dear.

And, of course, it's not at all juvenile for people to plonk someone
when they don't like what they're saying isn't it?
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
Mike........ wrote:

Following up to vid Horne, _the_ chancellor

Of course, but no one here suggested having to accept anything because
they were told it was good. You're introducing a red herring here.
its an element of the defewrence art is given.
By whom? Not by me. I try and keep this based on my own opinions, and
civil, and then posters like Tim throw all this crap around. I'm out of
it now. If you like the copies as much as the originals, fine.

Well, at least copies allow many people to "see" works which they will
never have the opportunity to see in the original. Are you saying
that's a BAD thing?

No, and I never said such a thing. If you'd read my posts in the thread
properly, you wouldn't have asked the question.

Considering the innumerable tangents which this thread has spawned, and
the staggering number of posts under this heading, are you surprised
everyone hasn't read every single post? I browse, and comment if I
happen to see something to which I want to reply, but I stopped reading
them all after the first week or two!

Old April 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Spider Pig

On 5 Apr, 23:42, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

Following up to Horne, _the_ chancellor

r we @ 4.000 yet ?
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article 3b9ff5b7-976a-45b0-9972-e72f45d530a9
@m71g2000hse.googlegroups.com, Spider Pig says...

r we @ 4.000 yet ?

Not quite - 3840 according to Google.
--

Alfred Molon
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article 3b9ff5b7-976a-45b0-9972-e72f45d530a9
@m71g2000hse.googlegroups.com, Spider Pig says...

r we @ 4.000 yet ?

Not quite - 3840 according to Google.
--

Without any knowledge of the internals of the Google engine, the experience
tells that compilations are not made by real time data, so the true figure

Old April 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article ,
Markku Grönroos wrote:

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article 3b9ff5b7-976a-45b0-9972-e72f45d530a9
@m71g2000hse.googlegroups.com, Spider Pig says...

r we @ 4.000 yet ?

Not quite - 3840 according to Google.
--

Without any knowledge of the internals of the Google engine, the experience
tells that compilations are not made by real time data, so the true figure
was obviously larger than the one above at the time you derived it.

Not that I'm hoping for a record, but I have enjoyed a thread with so
many intertwined threads of its own that was easy to find among the
unintelligible garbage because of the number of replies. But it seems
to be fading away.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old April 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike..... :-

Following up to erilar

But it seems
to be fading away.

dont let it die!!!!
David, i just watched a Simon Calder video, he was in Zaragoza (zar- a-
gotha) eating tapas at 8 pm and dinner at 10, the restro was still 3/4
empty! A good way to get there is by car. Not sure what the smoking policy
was. I think the painiting on the restro wall was a copy. Seemed nicer
than Napoli. But you get good pizze there.
--
"Mike....."(not "Mike")
remove clothing to email
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Mike..... :- wrote:

Following up to erilar

But it seems
to be fading away.

dont let it die!!!!
David, i just watched a Simon Calder video, he was in Zaragoza (zar- a-
gotha) eating tapas at 8 pm and dinner at 10, the restro was still 3/4
empty! A good way to get there is by car. Not sure what the smoking policy
was.

Probably compulsory. Car is a great way to get to a restaurant if you
don't drink.

I think the painiting on the restro wall was a copy. Seemed nicer
than Napoli. But you get good pizze there.

We generally ate dinner at 8pm on this trip, and the great thing is that
no one else was there usually. We get served quickly, and don't have to
worry as much about smokers. We had lunch at 1 in Segovia in that
restaurant that still smelled of smoke. When we left there were only two
other visitors, who could have been tourists, but were certainly
Spanish. They also opted for the non-smoking area, which makes me wonder
why the smell. I expect a lot of the smokers just hang out at midnight,
and smoke non-stop for a few hours....

BTW, one restaurant with a non-smoking area said it opened at 8. We
turned up at 7.45 and asked for a table- no problem. There were only
three non-smoking tables, and they were all taken by 8!

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the