Health Insurance Mandate vs Mandatory Auto Insurance

Old April 7th, 2010, 11:26 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

Default Health Insurance Mandate vs Mandatory Auto Insurance

On 7/04/10 6:17, in article ,
"Planet Visitor II" wrote:

Keep in mind that the government does not BUILD hospitals
(other than those for the military and VA) and PAY the staff and
doctors at those hospitals. But the government does build roads
using tax dollars at both the federal and state level.

You left out a lot with that statement.

First, non-profit hospitals provide 70% of the total hospital capacity.
The community hospitals generally fall into that category.

Second "government hospitals" also include those supported by county and
city governments. Those are taxpayer supported. Financing
of community hospitals is done via tax-free municipal bonds in some
cases, I presume in this case that the taxpayer is responsible if
the hospital goes belly up.

I have not however found a breakdown on how the non-profit hospitals
fund construction but I will suggest that there is some government
aid. Some are built using funds donated via philanthropy. But
financing is mixed for instance

UC San Diego to build $664M medical center
April 02, 2010 | Richard Pizzi, Editor

SAN DIEGO * The University of California, San Diego has announced plans to
build a state-of-the-art medical center on UC San Diego's east campus in La
Jolla, Calif.

The new Jacobs Medical Center project is expected to cost $664 million, with
about $350 million coming from external financing, $131 million from
philanthropy and the remainder from state bonds, reserves and capitalized
leases.

*****

So effectively a lot of taxpayer support.

Old April 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Planet Visitor II[_2_]

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:26:05 +0200, Earl Evleth
wrote:

On 7/04/10 6:17, in article ,
"Planet Visitor II" wrote:

Keep in mind that the government does not BUILD hospitals
(other than those for the military and VA) and PAY the staff and
doctors at those hospitals. But the government does build roads
using tax dollars at both the federal and state level.

You left out a lot with that statement.

I left out many things... such as mentioning your arrogance, and
constant use of ad hominem. But they were not germane to my argument.
My comment was absolutely accurate. Read it again, and point out
what you believe was inaccurate in my words.

Clipped irrelevant comments

Planet Visitor II
http://alt-activism-death-penalty.info/dictionary.html

“We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an
American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.” --
Theodore Roosevelt -- Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:12 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 8/04/10 4:49, in article ,
"Planet Visitor II" wrote:

I left out many things... such as mentioning your arrogance,

My arrogance is showing that you were wrong. You react
badly to criticism.

Old April 9th, 2010, 02:21 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Planet Visitor II[_2_]

On 08 Apr 2010 03:12:37 GMT, "yitzhak in eretz isreal (sic)"

On 2010-04-08, James 'Nazi *******' Noles wrote ...

?We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an
American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.? --
Theodore Roosevelt -- Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

'We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely
Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by
psychological warfare and population explosion. . . . We Palestinians
will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem..'
(Yasser Arafat, awarded the Nobel Peace Prize)

Y.